Regulating battery charger current

I am building a home made generator; lawn mower engine and car alternator.

The problem is that the alternators can do 45-65(?) amps, but I do not want to try dumping that much current into an expesive deep discharge battery (130AmpHr)

What is my best way of limiting the current to C/10, aka 13 Amps?

TIA

Reply to
Terryc

A decent voltage regulator on the alternator. (It should already have one.)

Check the battery manufacturer's charging recommendations.

Reply to
rebel