Question re: Portable Gensets & ELD safety switches

yes.

earth the neutral. (not that that's a good idea)

probably. as you have it in the case of an electrical connection between any one of the output wires and the body of a user no current will flow asif you were usuing an isolating transformer, and AFAIK they are as good as ELDs except they don't trip in fault conditions.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

yeah if the generator output is earthed a RCD is a good idea.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

NZ too (historically), and I thin'k I've seen used ones in AUS. ELCBs are cheaper and way more portable than a 20KG transformer.

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts