PIC gear from Dontronics

Picked up some handy gear from Dontronics, worth a look

  1. PICSTART Plus style programmer - works with MPLAB supports ICSP. (runs off USB)
  2. PIC 40 ICSP proto boards - with onboard MAX232.

For the proto board I bypassed the power supply section and just ran 5 volts in.

Be sure to use LVP_OFF and HS_OSC for the proto board (drove me nuts)

Cheers,

Andrew Rich

tech-software.net

Reply to
Andrew Rich

Yes, nice stuff, the little GUI is real neat. One more thing I found out that might help a few people... I was using a Dontronics USB-serial adaptor before I bought the USB programmer. The web information for the programmer drivers says that you must install a new set of USB drivers. In fact the ones for the USB-serial work fine.

Reply to
Bruce Varley