OT: Washington Post Article.

This one is off topic, but I found it such an interesting read, that I'm sure others will too:

Washington Post Article.

This is the best active spam bust operation I have seen to date.

The US stock market halts trading for 35 companies that are promoting stocks over the net.

Now if authorities could stop other companies trading, that are actively involved in this type of activity, problem would vanish.

But don't hold your breath. :-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:               http://www.dontronics.com/e-mail.html

Crystal clear, super bright OLED LCD (128x128) for your microcontroller.
Simple serial RX/TX interface. Many memory sizes.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/product.php?productid=16460

No More Damn Spam: http://www.wizard-of-oz.com
Reply to
Don McKenzie

I saw that story last night. Good on the US SEC for taking some positive action against the criminals responsible for filling our in-boxes with image spam. But as you said, don't hold your breath. I've just forwarded the fourth new pump-n-dump image spam for the day to the SEC's reporting address at . If the US government would do a few TV ads telling the viewers not to respond to *any* spam, that might make a noticeable difference. But that would be harming "free enterprise", so it will never happen.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

Ah yes, spam. Isn't that when you persistently post any old off topic drivel, in the guise of something that whomever might be interested in reading, then take the unwelcome opportunity to spam-out your latest blatant commercial message. Hmm, seems "crystal clear" and "super bright" to me.

Get a grip McKenzie. No more of this "aren't spammers awful" nonsense. You're no better, and this hypocritical stance of yours is, to put it mildly, pushing the limit to which your own commercial activities will be tolerated.

Perhaps, as you have suggested for those in the stock market trade, we were to stop your little company from trading. Maybe then another small piece of the problem would, as you have put it, vanish. You could then go back to the position you held working alongside those with similarly wishy-washy mindsets, and quit your blessed hawking at all of us.

Hmm, could be you have a good point after all.

Reply to
Baron von der Slahp