hey no

an

verse

w I

ack of

time

it

ly

Sorry, I should have said split system "installers" have to be licensed. As far as maintaining the gear, that could be a totally different situation

Reply to
kreed

now

he

Syliva is right, in QLD anyway, the small claims process has its problems but from what I have seen it is reasonably fair, and the costs are very small for the consumer. (on a sliding scale depending on the claim value. IIRC $60 for up to a $2000 claim) There are no solicitors allowed. IIRC the forms state that the person must declare if they have legal qualifications, don't know if that prevents them from using the tribunal or not.

It is worth looking into, and if it is possible to sit in the public gallery when a session is on (held in the local magistrates courtroom here) and watch, it might be helpful for you to get familiar with the process.

I saw a similar situation with a friend's LG outdoor compressor/ condenser unit where the PCBs and other electronics had no satisfactory protection (In my opinion) considering this was to be used outside. In this case the electronics were ok as the unit was located well away from rain, it was just a fan that had failed.

If it is intended to be used outdoors, then there should be vermin protection, as well as from humidity, larger temperature changes etc.

Reply to
kreed

They do? Even for pre-charged systems? Those come with instructions for DIY, so I'm assuming hydrocarbon charge.

Reply to
who where

and the so-called compensation - quoted as $10.10 (per week) for the mythical average household - just exceeds the mythical projected cost of living increase of $9.90 p.w. IN THE FIRST YEAR. Then the 10% annual indexation of the carbon tax leaves you behind, and getting "behinder" by the minute thereafter. Knowing that the vast majority have long since switched off listening on this tax, I wonder how many of the voters have actually twigged to this.

Reply to
who where

Makes no difference.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

Double-box slow combustion wood-fired heaters have a smaller carbon footprint than current electrical or natural gas heating systems. There are also particle emmission regulations (in NSW) to be met if you are installing one.

Maybe they should be taxing NPWS whenm a bushfire happens.

Reply to
swanny

I remember those. They would remove the instructions and the pipe from the carton as I have been told. A friend bought and installed one and only got these as he had a friend in the store that he bought his unit.

The scumbags charge in excess of $600 to do a basic split install around here.

Reply to
kreed

now

g to

ey

erse

ck

ime

Since this article, I have noticed 20kg packs of firewood on sale in many places including service stations. It must be getting popular.

Reply to
kreed

The law seem strange on this subject you can use hydrocarbon refrigerants without a refrigeration license But it seems building regulations have laws requiring that people working on air con on buildings need endorsed contractors licenses so it seems that you can play with refrigeration in a paddock all you like with hydrocarbons and no refrige ticket but not on buildings. I assume you can make a free standing air con in a paddock (no ticket) and put it in a building You could make a complete split system and charge it with hydrocarbon refrigerants in a paddock without license but to put two pipes through the wall and connect them you would need an endorsed license. There seems to be two different licensing systems, one for refrigeration and one for building

Reply to
F Murtz

Strictly speaking, the regulations say "in a building" not "on a building". Someone faced with a prosecution for a DIY installation could reasonably raise the question of whether the system is "in a building" as required, or merely partly in a building, which doesn't fit the definition.

Further, it seems to me that since it's the system that has to be in a building, not the work, the DIY would be lawful even in respect of the inside part.

Mind you, you'd still need an electrician's licence for the wiring.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

I've seen portable split systems, instead of copper pipes they use hoses like automotive air con does, probably leak like it too.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

I think I have seen them, the pipes were enclosed in white plastic sleeving. Don't know if the 2 halves are in any way detachable by the consumer without loss of refrigerant though.

t.net ---

Reply to
kreed

Same. I think they're permanently conected, but it is a split system that can be installed by the consumer, and reloacted, and taken to a repairer.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Times appear to have changed. I sent an email to a company yesterday, and they called back this morning, and the guy's been round to give me a quote this afternoon.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

GEARBOX FOR AIR CONDITIONER APPLICATION China Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co. Ltd engages in desig ning, manufacturing and marketing all kinds of electric motors. They are ma inly suitable for the following applications: smart home application used i n smart kitchen and laundry, medical instrument for personal care, smart E- transmission applied in automobile, industry automation applied in telecomm unication and a great variety of plastic/metal planetary gearbox in differe nt sizes. In order to develop the oversea market, we are current seeking new partn ers around the world to create a bright future together. ZhaoWei is a right choice and excellent partnership with sincere services.

Company: Shenzhen ZHAOWEI Machinery & Electronics Co., Ltd URL:

Contact: Annie Liu Tel?+86-755-27322652 Fax?+86-755-27323949 E-mail: snipped-for-privacy@zwgearbox.com Add: Blk. 18, Longwangmiao Industry Park, Fuyong Tn., Bao?an Dist., Shenzhen 518103, Guangdong, China

Reply to
zwgearbox