NSW's ambulance service diagnoses system virus

NSW's ambulance service diagnoses system virus

NSW's ambulance service has identified the computer virus that forced the shutdown of its system responsible for dispatching and tracking ambulances over a weekend but will not reveal which virus did the damage.

Technicians at the ambulance service discovered the virus while performing scanning tests in database boxes accessed by VisiCAD -- a globally adopted computer dispatch system used by the NSW service for 10 years.

Full Story:

Cheers Don...

===========================

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Don McKenzie

One would have to suspect that they don't want to reveal it because doing so would also reveal that they must have been doing something very silly to have been infected.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

e.

Yes, they let someone sreeze in one of their ambulances - that's how viruses spread, you know.

Reply to
Dingo Bob

Or even "sneeze".....

Reply to
Dingo Bob

Oh, well that's human viruses. I was prepared to defer to your expertise as to what someone sreezing in an ambulance might do to a computer system.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

That sreezing is a huge problem.

Reply to
F Murtz

.

Depends how juicy the sneeze is and how close you sneeze to the keyboard.

Reply to
Dingo Bob

As long as no one wants a "cough"

--
Reply to
atec77

Depends how juicy the sneeze is and how close you sneeze to the keyboard.

---------------

I thought Sticky Keys was already a windows feature.

Reply to
Dennis

Would be worse if they got a Gough????

Reply to
SG1

what someone sreezing in an ambulance

Sreezing in an ambulance would obviously produce the Sinus infection, or sinusitis which causes inflammation of the paranasal sinuses. One of the dreaded new and deadly strain of attacks on computer systems. :-)

I also figure that someone did something they shouldn't have and they aren't prepared to admit it. An illegal software install, or perhaps a USB injection from a memory stick. Virus by injection!

Security is an easy spin answer, from a virus spin doctor.

Cheers Don...