Mythbusters

One of the best ever lines I have heard, "You told us it was bulletproof.. and it is not!" :) I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of that!!!

Reply to
Moses Lim

That's what they were doing with the CD disks. Supposedly drives that work up to 52x are the culprit and though the disks say they can work this fast when they had their test rig going at 20,000 rpm the CD shattered with a bang

Reply to
Chasing Kate

hehehheheehehehheheh

Reply to
dmm

yeah, they often say the wrong thing, and dont get any where near doing mathematics or doing anything other than measuring speed and weight.

Reply to
Brad Hogan

Yeah, they said that they cracked the CD's but then they still didnt explode at normal CD's.

I had a cracked CD that I didnt want to play but I was going to copy it at a low rpm's. But I forgot to lock the speed down, and it went kaboom at

40X.

The myth busters said it only happened a few times with extremely cracked cd's..

NOT TRUE .. it can occur after a very slight crack has appeared in the inner rim of the CD.. Once its started, the crack "runs" ...

Reply to
Brad Hogan

It was all buster's fault.

Reply to
Craig Hart

True, exposed the pig ignorance of the fools that claimed you couldnt have armed guards on planes to prevent hijacking, coz a bullet fired would cause the plane to disintegrate.

Soorree, you dont qualify.

Reply to
Rod Speed

How did they do this?

Reply to
Terry Collins

** The Mythbuster dudes got an old DC9 fuselage and pumped it up to 8 psi internally. Then they remotely fired a 9mm handgun, mounted on a stand in the aisle, through the side and then a window.

The bullet made neat little holes and that was all.

They repaired the holes and re-pressurised.

Next they blew a side window out with explosives - which was rather more serious.

They repaired that too.

Then they blew the a huge hole in the side of the plane with a "shaped charge" fitted next to where a passenger sits.

............. Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

psi

Howcome you weren't in the seat?

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

"Alan Rutlidge

** A neat, round hole in your head would suit you fine.

........... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

in

Pointless putting a hole in your head Phil. There would be nothing to see inside it. :P

Reply to
Alan Rutlidge

I absolutely cacked myself laughing at last night's show. What a lot of fun! First it was the toy soldiers tromping on the bridge, then they actually got to waterski behind a rowing eight. Fantastic!

Reply to
Clifford Heath

Not to mention the fact that you will never look at a toothbrush the same ever again!! :-)

Definately good entertainment!

Reply to
Martin, VK2UMJ

"Martin, VK2UMJ"

** What is not so well know is that "Mythbusters" is made by ustralians - ie " Beyond Productions " ( remember Beyond 2000 ?? )

Jamie and Adam are just about the only Americans involved - the film crew are mainly Aussies. Even the guy who did the voice over for the US market ( plus Monday's show on SBS ) lives in Sydney !!

Goes a long way to explaining why the show's style appeals to folk here so much.

............. Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

the same

)

film crew

market

Did anyone else find the voice over really annoying on the last episode?, the guys hardly said anything at all compared to previous episodes I thought.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones

Yes, I had wondered if it was my imagination but I have found the voice over really annoying in the last few episodes, far more intrusive than in previous ones.

It also seems as if it is being produced with ad breaks in mind with lots of repetitive crap in the voice overs.

Oh well, at least we get it on SBS without ads in the program.

Dave Goldfinch

Reply to
Dave Goldfinch

I got the impression that this was perhaps an early episode before the show got more polished? It just had a different feel to previous episodes.

Dave :)

Reply to
David L. Jones