Mcam100 pan & tilt home security camera

Picked up a Mcam100 camera from Jaycar out of a bargain bin without cables and software. Has anyone the installation / driver software CD for it and be able to supply me with a copy?

Will

Reply to
Will Hoevenaars

?????

Reply to
Den

Yes I tried them before but it won't download when clicking on the link. I will sent an email to mcam4u to see what the problem is. Thanks Den.

Reply to
Will Hoevenaars

Bugger!

Reply to
Den

Success !! I found a German site with the required software.

Downloaded it and the camera is working. Now I have to solve the problem of finding or making a serial cable with a RS232 on one end and a 4P4C modular plug (same as on a hand set of a telephone) has only 4 wires also wrongly called an RJ9, RJ10 and RJ22. Plug looks like this
Any one knows how to wire it up? (only 4 wires!) but the RS232 has 9 :-( and that enables to move the camera about. Thanks for your interest Will.

Reply to
Will Hoevenaars

RJ9, RJ10 and RJ22 and all other RJ numbers are Telco applications that use the modular connectors. You should have seen the headaches when the RJ31X was first introduced for security systems. Even with detailed drawings and installation instructions, the phone company messed up every install, for years.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Engdahl's site might have something here:

Then again whoever designed it might have just said - "I'll wire them this way!"

Reply to
Den