Looking for RGB rca sockets for wallplates with solder lugs and colour coded on the outer as well

Hi, I'm looking for RGB rca sockets to make up a few Component wall plates.

I know i can buy the wallplates already made up but i am after RGB sockets which are colour coded on the outside as well so that you can see which is which when looking down from the top of the wallplates behind some furniture wall units.

Jaycar and Altronics don't have them.

thanks.

Reply to
frozenyogurt

Try Laurence and Hanson, John R Turk etc.

Reply to
Kym Kim (Noturyulo)

The bottom three products here MIGHT be what you want .. though they don't seem to be in reveal's catalog any more. If they're what I've seen before then there's a colored plastic band near the 'wall' (H):

____ | /\ H| |()| H| \/___H| |

I doubt there's anything using a colored metal .. though I'd love to be wrong .. report back if you find anything .. It's a fairly good idea .. I hate having to try IDing stuff behind the desk :)

Cheers! Rick Measham

Reply to
Rick Measham

Lousy and hungreys used to carry them but unless you can find an old time sat tech / foxtel guy very very hard to find.. good luck I might suggest a simple colour patch of tape suck on the plate above the fitting

Reply to
atec77

get some coloured plastic washers (or drill some holes in some tiddlywinks)

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
jasen

Surely you could put some tape next to each if necessary, or simply mount them consistently with red at the top and blue at the bottom, then you know they are always R-G-B looking from the top.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Cant you get blank wall plates and mount some coloured sockets into them?

Reply to
R1rob

Yes, it's not a problem for me. It's the rest of the family who can't work that out. :)

Reply to
frozenyogurt

That's a good option, will do that.

Thanks for all the help guys. :)

Reply to
frozenyogurt

Have a look at the following link. In the states but what you want........

APR

Of course, but he was having trouble locating suitably colored sockets it seems. I know Jaycar only stocks red, black and yellow for example.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Just tell them to leave the plugs alone then :-)

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

how about get a blank 3-hole clipsal wall plate and coloured blanks for the holes, I'm pretty sure clipsal do red, green, and blue blank inserts.

or maybe you could use a different connector type

--

Bye.
   Jasen

inserts.

I'm fairly sure WES do a "modular" wall socket system with different inserts including colour-coded RCAs.

Reply to
Poxy

This product is marked as "new" on the website so maybe it didn't make the catalogue? Is this close to wehat you require?

Andy

Reply to
Andy

I think i saw those but the rca sockets still don't have a colour band on the outside for easy recognition. I know i have seen them somewhere awhile ago though.

What i've done now is, i have stopped into a Plastics factory on the way to work and bought some small sections of coloured plastic and i will be making up some washers using my cheap wholesaw set and these washers will be screwed between the rca sockets and the wallplates. That should do the job. :)

thanks.

Reply to
frozenyogurt

I think WES have them. Colin