LCD monitors LG 194WT and L204WT -- equal price ??

When the monitors were released one year ago, the price difference between them was $200. It is understandable, because 204WT provided good colour because it had a newer LCD matrix developed by LG-Philips themselves, while 194WT had an older unremarkable matrix manufactured by AUO. I went to the local shop dealing in whitegoods, and they told me they ran out of 204WT's (they were so popular), only 194WT's were left.

LG L194WT (19", 1440 x 900) -- A$400 (US$350) LG L204WT (20", 1680 x 10500) -- A$600 (US$550)

However, the prices fell dramatically over the past year. Nowdays, you can buy 194WT in online shop for maybe A$220 (US$180), and 204WT for A $270 (US$220). I made an Internet search, and here the both models are offered for A$279 (US$230),

How come, 204WT is the same price as 194WT ? Are they (204WT) not much better than 194WT ? Or is it because LG made a switch, and now equips their 204WT with the inferior LCD matrices from Chunghwa (CPT) ?

I am sorry that I rashly bought a 194WT monitor. Should I get rid of it and get a (presumably) better 204WT ? (I am doing mostly FPS gaming).

Reply to
carrera d'olbani

Except for the size they are both comparable in specifications.

Personally I think the 19" will be the best for you because of the native rez of 1440x900. Your graphics card would struggle to produce

1680x1050 and decent textures plus decent framerates in recent games (I believe you have a 7600). Plus at 20" I personally think 1680X1440 is too small. I have a 22" Sammy at that rez and it's fine but at 20" I think you'd have to have pretty good eyesight to read text etc at a normal distance. IMHO of course
Reply to
Shawk