Flip-disc (Ferranti-Packard) display source?

I'm looking for a source of 7-segment flip-disc displays for a possible clock project. These displays are commonly found on petrol pumps. Size should be betrween 25 and 50 mm. I'll need 6 plus a couple of spares - used serviceable is fine. Any ideas on where I can get these?

John

Reply to
John

There must be a lot of the old displays kicking about somewhere from decommissioned bowsers, since they are almost invariably LCD now. Find out who the contractor is that services your local service station bowsers and ask them, or maybe try Gilbarco, you never know, you may actually get to speak to someone that knows of a current source.

James

Reply to
James

The only place in australia i have ever found that sells these is rinstrum in queensland. They are hard to get and are not cheap.

Reply to
The Real Andy

i think LE boughen or switchesplus sell a brand of these displays

or

good luck

Reply to
matt