ESR / C Tester

Elektor Electronics September 2005 http://213.222.12.205/Default.aspx?tabid=27&year=2005&month=9&art=52895&PN=O n

A versatile meter for capacitors The two most important properties of a capacitor are its capacitance and its internal resistance (ESR). You need to know both values in order to judge whether a capacitor is suitable for a particular application. The meter described here combines two popular Elektor Electronics projects to create a convenient new instrument that rightly belongs in every well-equipped electronics lab.

measures capacitance as well as ESR

Reply to
Eric Richards

hi Eric,

I built the previous design (ESR meter only) from the September 2002 issue and it works a treat. I'm using it mainly for repair work on vintage radios.

BTW Elektor articles can now be downloaded from their website -- should be great for .AU / .NZ and other folks six or more seas away from the UK.

regards, Richard

Eric Richards schreef:

Reply to
homelab

Hi Richard I have two of the original Bob Parker-EA magazine kits made up, now it could be known as the Mark1 version.

I will keen to visit the city library next month, and if it looks great, visit the bookshops a month after that, it would be great to have something that measures capacitance, the July/August summer issue said it went to large capacitor values, if the price is not too much,

From Eric

Eric Richards schreef:

http://213.222.12.205/Default.aspx?tabid=27&year=2005&month=9&art=52895&PN=O

its