Driving 1,000 computer monitors?

In fact, large numbers of switching power supplies on a three phase system require a larger neutral than the same system with a purely resistive load. This is due to all the harmonics generated by the power supplies that have no power factor correction. A number of fires in offices and factories occurred when large numbers of switching supplies were installed, starting about 20 to 25 years ago.

I had a neutral fire in the breaker box for a CATV headend in 1985 due to all the harmonics caused by the newer equipment we were installing.

--
Link to my "Computers for disabled Veterans" project website deleted
after threats were telephoned to my church.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Did you miss the bit where I said *extra* expense? Maybe you should read

*my* damn post again.

Michael

Reply to
Michael C

"Michael C" = usenet troll and anencephalic

** That " C " stands for Cock Sucker.

......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Fark phil, I'd forgotten about your dumb arse for days and you replied within 1 minute. What are you doing, sitting here pushing the refresh button over and over?

[...]

I have not read your message, I know it is full of your usual childish insults.

Reply to
Michael C

"Michael C" = usenet troll and anencephalic

** That " C " stands for Cock Sucker.

........... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I have not read your message, I know it is full of your usual childish insults.

Reply to
Michael C

"Michael C" = usenet troll and anencephalic

** That " C " stands for Cock Sucker.

........... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I have not read your message, I know it is full of your usual childish insults.

Reply to
Michael C

some of the stuff that goes on on this group truly amazes me

Reply to
KLR

What's amazing is that Phil has left his computer for 2 hours. :-)

Michael

Reply to
Michael C

Maybe the laxatives finally kicked in?

--
Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Yes, I know - you have no idea how difficult it is to design something which drives 1,000 computer monitors :)

Reply to
Moses Lim

Something wireless could solve a lot of problems. It might create a lot too but maybe something to consider.

Michael

Reply to
Michael C