Don't try to splice earphone cables

What about in headphones or microphones that are used WITH a cb radio?

Reply to
Coach

OK, the headphones would not come with the radio, they would be your own property and therefore outside the scope of this discussion. The microphone coiled lead is very likely to use a type of Litz wire for flexibility. Litz is not designed to be soldered, though it is possible but tricky. Crimping is the preferred method of connection.

Reply to
Brad

So you are now saying that Litz IS used in cb radios. Also, back to headphones/earphones, does or does not your cb radios have a speaker/ headphone/earphone socket on the back?

Reply to
Coach

?

It is not used *in* the radio, it is used in an *accessory*. I do not own any CB Radios, but of those on the market - the external speaker socket may be used with an *optional* external speaker. External radio speakers most commonly use 13 strand twin-core copper wire, not Litz wire. It is not recommended to plug headphones into the external speaker socket due to impedance mismatch and the excessive sound pressure levels that may be experienced with headphones/earphones.

This lesson is free.

Reply to
Brad

ese

be

io?

The reason the lesson is free is because it is value-less. I never said that Litz was used in CB radios, I said that those years of you mucking around with cb radios wasn't a total waste of time. I assume that someone who spends every waking hour trying to chat up young ladies on the cb would also tinker with them to try to impress those same YL's. It is safe to assume that you added accessories such as desk microphones and all sorts of headphones and earphones so as your siblings, parents and later your wife and kids didn't hear what you were getting up to on the cb. Now THIS lesson is free.

Reply to
Coach

these

o be

adio?

.

Actually you did, and I quote "So you are now saying that Litz IS used in cb radios"

I said that those years of you

Indeed I do not spend my time 'mucking around' as you put it. I spent my years installing them in helicopters for others to muck around with them.

=A0I assume

And from that point on you assumed wrong several times and just talked a lot of crap and noise.

Reply to
Brad

l these

to be

radio?

our

The

for

on.

r/

We've already established that you have an old caravan in your backyard full of cb radios where you try to chat to local young ladies.

Reply to
Coach

"Brad" wrote in ...

For the aus.electronics aficionados I have plotted the SIGNAL / CRAP / NOISE ratio of posts in aus.tv.

|Crap|Noise&chco=00FF00|FFFF00|FF0000

Herc

Reply to
|-|ercules

SE ratio of

Yes, you have.

Reply to
Wolfgang Wildeblood

No *we* haven't. You have alleged it, but no facts exist to support your allegation.

Reply to
Brad

I obtained photographic evidence and explained what I saw on that photo to you - and you had no choice but to agree. We both know that I'm right, don't we?

Reply to
Coach

ked

s.

What you *saw* on the photo was correct, and I agreed with that. What you imagined after that was not agreed and you yourself stated you could not see inside the 'van, so everything else is supposition on your part. Indeed much of it was just downright fabrication or misrepresentation of the few facts you held. I even fed you false details and you dutifully rehashed them and re-presented them as facts, like a Murdoch journalist.

I'm surprised you want to go on with this story. Watching it unfold last time was fascinating and like watching a train wreck in slow motion. I found it difficult to believe you had no humility and felt no embarrassment with regard to your behavior. It was only because you wrote the 'help me Obi Wan Sylvia, you're my only friend' message a couple of days later that I cut you some slack. Up to that point I was compiling a file for the Police.

I had already been in contact with my local council and confirmed that there had been no FOI requests regarding my property (your claims were therefore bullshit) , and I had visited the local police and enquired about applying for a warrant charging you with stalking. Once I read you email to Sylvia I understood your frame of mind at that time I ceased all action. You came very close indeed.

Reply to
Brad

[...]

You don't have a sufficient case to get a stalking charge made, you need to show each of the 4 conditions to qualify that stalking occured.

1/ The alleged stalker caused you feelings of apprehension - Oh Dear! *tick* 2/ The alleged stalker communicated with you - GASP! *tick* 3/ The alleged stalking occured on more than one occasion! Persistent Bastard! *tick* 4/ You've got a good rack! *cross*

Each of these stringent criteria must be met! Otherwise the police receptionist won't give you a tour of all the bonus options like a free week lock up at the watch house, just sign here!

Herc

Reply to
|-|ercules

alked

ies.

d.

*tick*

Bastard! =A0*tick*

eptionist won't

watch house, just sign here!

I have a feeling that Brad is either a Matthew Goodyear wanna-be, or a Rod Speed wanna-be. Either way, it's pretty pathetic.

Reply to
Coach

alked

ies.

If you can't handle the heat mate, just simply either get out of the kitchen, or simply killfile me (like you've said you have dozens of times) or simply stop replying to my posts. It's not rocket science. What OTHER bodily functions can't you control? Fuck morons like you shit me. How do you even survive in the real world? Oh that's right, your real world is and old caravan in the back yard talking on your cb radio trying to pick up girls to talk to you. Get a life mate and leave us adults alone.

Reply to
Coach

same rubber covering,

replacing the plug when the wearer makes the the all too

plugged into, causing the conductors to part company (if

well.

easier to bend than the blackberry cable.

problem?

braided copper around a compressible elestic inner. (ala bungee-cord)

Jasen Betts

the same rubber covering,

f replacing the plug when the wearer makes the the all too

re plugged into, causing the conductors to part company (if

as well.

lot easier to bend than the blackberry cable.

olt problem?

PING

Reply to
Coach

PING

---------- Did your G-string snap?

Reply to
David8

Like to see you get a quality in-ear noise cancelling earphone for less than $100 - let alone $15

Reply to
Coach

Wrong! With the volume at 10% they are louder than standard earphones at full volume.

Turn the volume up they don't get too loud, just more bassy.

Try this when you get some bassy earphones.

[Coach] Like to see you get a quality in-ear noise cancelling earphone for less than $100 - let alone $15

Not sure on quality, but Amazon has some cheap ones.

Great sound with the barrel design, but I need higher isolation with the ribbed witchhat design to block out the Truman Show.

Herc

Reply to
|-|ercules