co2 carbon monoxide alarm, silicon chip kit

Has anyone built that CO2 alarm kit features in 2005 Silicon chip. I see DSE selling kits for $49.95. I dont have the article and I cant see what sensor it uses online from siliconchip homepage. Can someone tell me the part number of the sensor so I can look up some date on it. I want to connect it to a data logger to measure ppm. Not sure if sensor good enough. I want to log Sydney CO2 levels, maybe on the Sydney bypass!

Reply to
george

Isn't CO2 carbon dioxide, and CO carbon monoxide? I'm confused.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

oops my mistake - yes co detector

Bob Parker wrote:

Reply to
george

Thanks for the clarification. :-)

Apparently the Silicon Chip design uses a Nemoto sensor. I don't presently have access to my copy of the magazine to see exactly which one.

The Nemoto website has quite a lot of info, so check it out at

Good luck!

Bob

Reply to
Bob Parker

Don't those sensors have a fixed shelf life?, probably the DSE units are tired by now.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

thanks for the tip, you are right, a two year shelf life is correct. Probably why DSE is discounting.

I was told there are newer Sn02 based CO sensors used in professional CO meters.

cheers!

Mark Harriss wrote:

Reply to
george

thanks for the tip, you are right, a two year shelf life is correct. Probably why DSE is discounting.

I was told there are newer Sn02 based CO sensors used in professional CO meters.

cheers!

Mark Harriss wrote:

Reply to
george