charger lacking a fuse

My father has one of those Shopriders. He told me that when he plugged in the charger, it tripped out the circuit breakers in his house. So I had a look at the charger. On the side it refers to 2 fuses: 5 A and

15 A. When I opened it up, there is only a 15 A fuse on the 24 V output. I can not see any fuse on the mains input. But there are two disc capacitors next to the 230/115 V selector switch that are blackened, and the PCB track between them has vaporised. So that was your fuse? These things cost $180. At least I can get an equivalent smart charger for $149 and just transplant the XLR connector to it, to get my dad mobile again.
Reply to
116e32s

Look for a part that looks like this: 769-3230, on the RS components site. That's most likely the primary fuse.

The last one I fixed had some pins of the PCB touching the metal of the housing. Blows the fuse and maybe more.

Tony

Reply to
Tony