CENTREX

I had a Centrx 51cm television its picture tube blew under one year, so they replaced it with a brand new one. Great, but now have just realised that it hasn't got an headphone jack socket at the front like the old one. Went to The Goode Guys and they said no Centrex tv's had headphone sockets, this puzzled me so I checked the original book and it has a picture of the socket. Can anyone shed anymore light on this am I just seeing things and going senile or what.

Reply to
Unlucky

dont be surprised, HP sockets are getting rare on pc cd-roms usually doesnt matter these days cause the tele usually only gets used as the display or monitor with audio routed throgh a hifi vcr or amp. stereo teles still have ph sockets.

Reply to
matt2-amstereo

Do you actually use the headphone socket? If so, maybe you could look at one of the wireless sender units, which would be more portable for you anyway.

I like their methodology though - when faced with the facts, ignore them, deny them, question you.... :-)

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Yes we do use the headphone socket, as a member of the family is quite deaf and needs them so as not to have the tv blaring at all hours of the day and night.

Reply to
Unlucky

There are products for the hearing-impaired which do exactly this function, using either the headphone socket or AV outputs (audio only, of course!) to send tot he listener via FM radio, with a nice little receiver and headphones for them to wear. Much more convenient than a trailing lead. My MIL uses one and is quite happy with it (she's made a habit lately of pretending to be listening to a conversation while actually listening to one of the music stations off the Sky box!).

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

thanks for that Ken I'll look around maybe Dick Smiths or an electronic shop might be able to help.

Reply to
Unlucky

For what it's worth, we have two Sony units that plug into the audio output of the TV and broadcast via Infra red to the headphones, which use one AA battery. They are excellent. The Product Number is TMR IF 130 They cost about $85 from our local country Retravision. The headphones have their own volume control.

Reply to
T.T.

Thanks T.T. that sounds like the perfect solution if I can get enough output sockets available. We have got a dvd, video, and Austar all running from it. I will try our local retravision

Reply to
Unlucky

I think the devices you mention all use input sockets.

Reply to
T.T.