Carbon Flourescent Lamps ???

"Bob Parker"

** Apparently that was his invented cover story for wanting to retract what he said - after it was pointed out to him how damaging to his career it was to be publicly identified as a AGW " sceptic ".

BTW:

How many global warming sceptics does it take to change a light bulb ?

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

What, a Carbon Fluorescent Lamp or a (wickedly evil planet-destroying) tungsten filament one? :-)

Reply to
Bob Parker

Hm, maybe they got confused with carbon-arc lamp ? :)

Reply to
kreed

"kreed"

** Here is the same leaflet - on the EnergyAustralia site:

$FILE/CFL_disposal.pdf

Google turns up a few hundred hits on the phrase " carbon fluorescent " - most of them from dopes on Green blogs but one is from a CFL maker in India and others from local councils in the UK etc.

Crikey !!!

... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

You know "The Great Global Warming Swindle" has been heavily criticised for alleged partiality ? I'll leave you to make your own judgement about that, but their sources were first class IMHO.

Then think 'gravy train' and who has most to lose by showing that AGW is either a crock of shit or vastly overestimated.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I think it was Channel 4 but you're right, it is in that class of quality documentary. No funny games, just straight facts and interviews with SERIOUS and well qualified scientists.

The public is gradually seeing through the political fog. Give it some years.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I think he's being a bit 'precious' about that. The questions and answers were IIRC perfectly clear.

You bet. Gravy train or what ?

I've never seen that one.

I did see a documentary some decades earlier (BBC I think) that said we were headed for a new Ice Age.

I wish they could make their minds up ! Too many researchers chasing too many grants is my analysis. And AGW is simply 'flavour of the month' so it gets the lion's share.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

I can WELL believe that !

People have lost their jobs for being critical of the AGW monster.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Even seen one of those ?

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

$FILE/CFL_disposal.pdf

Doesn't surprise me one bit. The Loonies are taking over. Look at Gore and his Nobel for example.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

In a similar vein, I often wonder whether it is deliberate or not - the "horrible polution" pictures we see almost every night on tv, where we are presented with shots of the hyperbolic cooling towers at power stations spewing forth massive clouds of ... beautiful clean steam! Looks impressive, I must admit, but surely SOMEONE must realise? JW² ===

Reply to
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?JW=B2?=

Same applies to the visible car exhaust on a chilly morning - its water vapour!

Reply to
ian field

'Even'? ... did you mean 'Ever'?

There's probably a pun in that somewhere (remaining eye, etc), but I recall they were used extensively in film, making and projecting, until HID came along.

Chris

Reply to
christofire

Wots a flourescent lamp?

Reply to
F Murtz

Can you make a cake with it?

Reply to
F Murtz

Not the media. They are all journalism majors. That means they were too stupid to remember, "DOYALLWANTFRIESWITHDAT".

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth\'s aluminum foil beanie for the \'global warming\'
sheep.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Stop the ignorant eye jokes. I had a palsy in my right eye early last month, and can only use one eye and there is absolutely nothing funny about losing depth perception, and almost half your field of view. To add insult to injury, the remaining eye is legally blind, so I am unable to do most things I could seven weeks ago.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth\'s aluminum foil beanie for the \'global warming\'
sheep.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Yes, but it will smell bad.

If you have broadband, your ISP may have a NNTP news server included in your account:

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming' sheep.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Classic 'anything that makes a good picture' stuff. Shame CO2 isn't visible. Even if it is responsible for anything.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

Yes.

You bet and ancient theatre lighting too IIRC.

My school friends and I built one in our spare lab. Despite the significant ballast resistor it still blew a fuse.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore