Beogram 4000 TT schematic.

Sure did 30 years ago. Cartridge suspensions don't seem to last that long though, unfortunately.

Any cartridge can manage SQ or QS. The standard cartridge was NOT CD4 rated though, the MMC6000 was optional as was the decoder board.

In your opinion obviously. Not all V15's are the same BTW! They are all kinder to vinyl records though. The idea of a record sounding slightly better, but once only, didn't appeal to me that much. Fortunately vinyl problems are irrelevant since the invention of CD.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Yes I know what you are getting at however it was my experience ,over the

20yrs or so I was in the hi-fi industry, that people like Patric with all their general experience and a respect for other peoples equipment tend to take more care with other peoples property than the big repair organisations. Gordon
Reply to
Gordon

It's my experience that no generalisations can be drawn about repairers big or small, cheap or expensive. Most will try to cover up their mistakes IME, in any industry. Many will even charge you for parts they have damaged by their incompetence. Unless you know someone is indeed both capable and ethical, it's pretty much pot luck.

From his posts, Patrick seems likely to be better than most as far as ethics go.

MrT.

Reply to
Mr.T

Ye ,sounds fair enough to me but what is your experience in this area? Gordon

Reply to
Gordon