Anyone know if On Semi ever made IRF840

Just bought some cheap IRF840's which turned up today with a poorly printed part number and the ON Semi logo sloping downhill at an angle.

I tried searching for the part number on their website but don't get any hits so far so I'll keep looking at this stage.

I popped the TO-220 packages on an old IR brand IRF840 and the new item and they both appear to have a similar sized silicon die: IR brand-6x4.5mm ON brand-5.5x4mm

Has anyone here ever bought IRF840's from ON semi?.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

I found a Motorola datasheet for the IRF840 as a TMOS device so ON may have made them after all.

Mark Harriss

Just got a reply back from ON Semi tech support in 15 minutes:

Hello Mark Harriss,

Thank you for contacting ON Semiconductor.

The IRF840 was manufactured by ON Semi in the past but it was discontinued back in December 2001.

Best Regards, JanG ON Semiconductor Technical Support Center

Reply to
Mark Harriss

On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 00:11:09 +1000, Mark Harriss put finger to keyboard and composed:

This URL may be able to answer those questions:

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar