An unusual Oscilloscope phenomenon

I think some of ours are. The UI is more Greek, maybe Japaneese-VCRese.

I generally use pilot holes, but even then heads get stripped out. Stainless screws are really bad that way. I don't hear the squeak, though. The Impactor bangs 'em home and is rather noisy, itself.

I have a Bosch hammer drill too, but have never used it. ;-) About half my new tools are Bosch (most of the rest are Dewalt or Delta/PC). I think I'll replace my Harbor Freight SLCS with a Bosch too.

Reply to
krw

Depending on the screws and use, liquid soap works better. Parafin can keep stain from penetrating. Soap washes away, though some can damage cheap screws.

If that's the concern, the top piece should be drilled to the same size as the screw shank (perhaps a *little* smaller). The pilot hole should go the length of the screw, though in the bottom piece it should be the size of the thread bottoms. Pilot drills do this, with a countersink, to the right size all in one swell foop.

Reply to
krw

I was going to say opening paint cans, but beer tastes better. ;-)

Reply to
krw

The only thing I'd recommend is to buy it in one of their brick and mortar stores, where it can be easily returned. A couple of friends also bought one, after I recommended it, and one apparently had damaged slider bearings.

I put their meters in my tool box (and hide the Flukes) in case someone decides to borrow one. I lost a Fluke-77 that way.

Reply to
krw

Soap works, but the wax is better.

Michael A. Terrell

Why did you drink the paint?

Michael A. Terrell

I got this brilliant idea a few decades ago to watch the 4th of July fireworks from Twin Peaks. Bad idea. The place is full of yahoos shooting off their own fireworks. Should a fire break out, you are screwed.

I did watch the Oakland Hill fire from Twin Peaks. I kid you not, there was a group singing the Grateful Dead's "Fire on the Mountain", over and over....

Reply to
miso

Fireworks are usually silly here. Fizz, boom, a dull flash of color in the fog.

The fire was awesome. From Diamond Heights, looking across the bay, it looked like the whole east side was on fire. Above the Clairemont Hotel was a huge ball of fire with a black center... it looked like the Gates of Hell.

John

[....]

I bet you say that to all the boys/gals :)

Reply to
Dennis

Because the doctor said I couldn't drink beer anymore?

Reply to
krw

When I was a lad, we called that color "Nipple Pink"

;-)

 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Fred Abse

Thats not very PC Fred. These days we don't have nipples we have pediatric sustenance dispensers.

Reply to
Dennis

I do. When teaching woodworking.

Michael A. Terrell

Must have been a long time ago, before they switched to latex based paint;-)

Michael A. Terrell

Interesting. I was intrigued by this just last month and meant to look into it:

Fein:

Cheers,
James Arthur
Reply to
James Arthur

my

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

rnatezone.com/eevblog/

His schematic of the scope probe and scope input are oversimplified to the point of incorrectness. Also, he ignored the low-pass nature of the oscilloscope input, which might contribute to the clean "sinusoidal" waveform.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Oh come on, there's a huge reservoir up there.

I am amazed by the DIY fireworks at Dolores Park. Much more fun than the official shows.

Reply to
David DiGiacomo

Well, I got meeself a lass and married her so I can't say that never no more :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Joerg

There's an enormous pink triangle on the side of Twin Peaks today. Mo calls it "the thong."

It's Gay Freedom Day, ground zero about 3 blocks away.

John

Which loss method? It grew legs and walked away or pop ... *BAM* ... "Whoops, sorry, guess I must've left it on amps"?