A message from "poor little fragile Johnny Baby"

This really is quite funny.

Those precious souls over at aus.electronics have no problem with Trevor's crap like that reproduced below appearing on their group, but get all upset when an alternative view on the gun debate appears.

It appears that their opposition to O/T posts only extends posts supportive of the lawful ownership of firearms. Posts attacking guns or gun owners don't raise any eyebrows at all.

One precious charmer has even taken to refering to me as 'poor little fragile Johnny baby" and apparently has formed the view that I'm some sort of "leader"

What a joke!

------------------------------------------- > **Despite the fact that VASTLY more Americans carry guns around the streets,

legally, the US remains the most dangerous, deadly Western, developed > Democratic nations. Carrying guns achieves, at best, nothing. At worst, it > leads to more violence and death. In fact, the US homicide rate is presently > 3 times the Australian one.

On Jun 18, 12:54 pm, "Trevor Wilson"

wrote:

**Yes. Easily. Across the US, each year, there are hundreds of 'gun shows'. > At these 'gun shows' dealers, posing as private citizens sell thousands of > guns to criminals. They can do so, because there are virtually zero > restrictions on the sale of 'second hand' guns. Even if that gun has only > been 'second hand' for a couple of minutes and has never been fired. Here in > Australia (and pretty much the rest of the developed world) ALL gun sales > must be recorded and tracked. Even secondary sales. Such an action ensures > that fewer guns end up in the hands of criminals.

---------------------------------------------------- > **Oh yeah: Two more things:

* If I was to crosspost (which I never do) I would never involve those > psychopaths in the talk.politics.guns group with normal humans.

------------------------------------------------- > **The figures for people legitemately shooting alleged criminals (I say

alleged, because in places like Texas, it would seem that the authorites are > now prepared to accept the word of the 'last man standing', as to the > legitemacy of the shooting) are miniscule in the extreme. FBI figures show > that, in the US, something like 400-odd people are shot and killed by police > in so-called 'justifiable homicide' acts each year. This figure needs to be > examined in the same light as the number killed by civilians in similar > circumstances. The figure for civilians is approximately 230 PA. That figure > needs to be tempered by the inadequacies of the laws in places like Texas, > where lip service is paid by LEOs under many circumstances. Additionally, > one must bear in mind that the number of civilians killed by gunshot each > year in the US is approximately 10,000. Clearly, carrying guns for self > defence purposes is a failed experiment. It is an experiment that many of > the nutters in the pro-gun lobby, here in Australia, wish to duplicate. > These are the same individuals who seem to feel that shooting native ducks > and other indigenous critters is, somehow, sporting. They seem to consider > that the indiscriminate spraying of lead shot into pristine environments, > whilst causing the needless suffering of wild animals is all in a good > cause.
Reply to
John-Melb

"get a nine year old to explain it to you"

Reply to
John - Melb

Concidering that one American city has a population larger than all of Australia it's not so strange. Your government can't allow it's citizens to have guns because they are all decendants of criminals shipped there by England and the leaf does not fall far from the tree.

Reply to
Fred Brown

You are speaking in riddles - I don't see the point you are trying to make. What is the significance of the size of cities when discussing homicide rate?

In the real world (not the fantasy world you live in) the Australian government allows its citizens to have guns.

In the same way as all US citizens are descendants of criminals shipped there by England and the apple does not fall far from the tree.

Reply to
Blinky Bill

he

Pot-Kettle-Black

Reply to
Thomas

*PLONK*

Buh bye.

   \\|/  \\|/     it is illegal to kill them."    Perna condita delenda est
Bob Larter

Bye Bye Bob, nice of you to visit, call back in some time.

ta delenda est

Reply to
John - Melb