Problem renew letsencrypt certificate for nginx on raspian

Hi all,

today I tryed to renew my ssl letsencrypt certificates by calling:

  ./certbot-auto --config /etc/letsencrypt/renewal/mydomain.123.xyz.conf
certonly

after a lot of messages the script hangs at:

Installing Phyton packages...

Any idea what the problem could be?

Thanks!

eric

Re: Problem renew letsencrypt certificate for nginx on raspian
On Fri, 21 Apr 2017 13:27:06 +0200,

Not a clue. That said, I dug up this site, and this came up:

    Can you provide the log of this? By default, logs are stored in
    /var/log/letsencrypt.

https://github.com/certbot/certbot/issues/3150
It would be very nice if the log output details what it is doing.

I see certbot packages in Debian, but I am unsure if they appear in
Raspbian. And someone has tackled that issue:

https://blog.milne.it/2017/03/20/certbot-lets-encrypt-installing-on-raspbian-jessie/

Re: Problem renew letsencrypt certificate for nginx on raspian

Typo?

A wild guess would be that you don't have Python installed and it is
required.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Re: Problem renew letsencrypt certificate for nginx on raspian
On Sun, 30 Apr 2017 21:29:11 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"

    That would be a rather weird OS install, given that Python is billed as
the "native" programming environment for the Raspberry Pi
--
    Wulfraed                 Dennis Lee Bieber         AF6VN
     snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

Re: Problem renew letsencrypt certificate for nginx on raspian

It?s also not consistent with the reported behavior, which was a
hang. Trying to run Python programs without Python installed will
produce an error message very quickly indeed.

For people who prefer diagnosis to guesswork, strace would be the first
tool to reach for in this case, to find out what the process is waiting
for.

--
http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/

Site Timeline