Noise or interference in analog output

Hello.

I've had a Raspberry Pi 2 for a few days. It is connected to the TV with HD
MI, but I want to use audio system in analog output. I configure audio in O
penELEC in analog mode. But, when I play music or watch a video, there is a
 quite annoying background noise, as interference, which only attenuates if
 I turn the volume up.

It isn't a speaker problem because I've got the same problem with the headp
hones. The noise or interference it's only heard when the speakers are emit
ting a sound. In fact, the sound of the menu also has interference. The HDM
I sound is fine , but I'm interested in analog output.

I've been looking for a solution for a couple or days, but I haven't found
a solution. I've even tried to install a ferrite filter in the power cord ,
 but it hasn't worked.

Have you got any idea of which could be the problem? Thank you very much.

Re: Noise or interference in analog output

I'd say that ferrite chokes would be more use on high frequency cabling
than on the power lead.

What sort of enclosure is your RPi in?

--
martin@   | Martin Gregorie
gregorie. | Essex, UK

The DAC on a Pi leaves a little to be desired, it works but is noisey
as you have found. If you want HiFi quality audio without using the
HDMI you need to get a separate DAC board.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Noise or interference in analog output
There is a deliberate jitter in the code for sound on the analogue output -
 it's an attempt to reduce aliasing at very quiet levels. you could try dis
able_audio_dither=1 in config.txt - it had some effect for me. But the re
al answer is either digital sound via hdmi or a separate sound card. I've b
een trying the Suptronics X300 card (see dx.com for details) with some succ
ess.

Re: Noise or interference in analog output

If there is added jitter it is broadband and very unlikely you would
ever hear it.

--

Rick

Site Timeline