How to use as a Videoplayer?

Ii tryed to use my RasPi as a Videoplayer. I'm connected via wifi and
ssh from my laptop, and my tv is connected to the Pi with hdmi.

If I try with omxplayer I got nothing at the tv.

pi@bowmore ~ $ omxplayer -o hdmi /media/Platte/Big_Buck_Bunny_medium.ogv.mp4
have a nice day ;)
pi@bowmore ~ $

Nothing more.

How I can start playing video in my case?

Thanks,
Schultze

--

Re: How to use as a Videoplayer?

Whith vlc I got audio at the tv, but no video. And some errors:

VLC media player 2.2.4 Weatherwax (revision 2.2.3-37-g888b7e89)
[0129efe8] core interface error: no suitable interface module
[011ff8f8] core libvlc error: interface "globalhotkeys,none"
initialization failed
[0129c2a0] dbus interface error: Failed to connect to the D-Bus session
daemon: Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11
[0129c2a0] core interface error: no suitable interface module
[011ff8f8] core libvlc error: interface "dbus,none" initialization
failed

Benutzen Sie 'cvlc', um VLC ohne Interface zu verwenden.
[0129c278] qt4 interface error: Could not connect to X server
[0129c278] skins2 interface error: cannot initialize OSFactory
[b4202fd0] filesystem access error: cannot open file /home/pi/test (No
such file or directory)
[b4202fd0] core access error: Einlesen der Datei fehlgeschlagen
[b4202fd0] core access error: VLC konnte die Datei ?/home/pi/test? nicht

[012940d0] core input error: open of `file:///home/pi/test' failed

[012940d0] core input error: VLC kann die Medienadresse

Fehlerprotokoll nachsehen.
[0129c278] [cli] lua interface: Listening on host "*console".

Schultze

--
In dieser Welt gibt es nur zwei Sorten Menschen - intelligente Menschen

                        Abu Al-Alaa al-Maari

Re: How to use as a Videoplayer?

Which Pi? I use OSMC on a B+, LibreElec on a B. Both work well.

--

Chris Elvidge, England

Re: How to use as a Videoplayer?
Pi 1 B, Raspbian Jessie

Schultze

--
Der Mensch hat die Atombombe erfunden.

                            aus d.c.o.u.a.m

Re: How to use as a Videoplayer?
On Fri, 3 Feb 2017 14:10:27 +0100

I put OpenELEC on a RPi Zero and it just works, rather well actually.
The TV is only 720p, I don't know how well it would cope with 1080p.  I
just copy the video files wirelessly to the HDcard, and the TV remote
controls the Kodi interface.

Re: How to use as a Videoplayer?

If you want to use it as a dedicated media player I recommend
LibreElec/Kodi and using the Kore android app to remote control it.

I have an B1 with Wifi in the Kitchen and it plays HD video from my
Humax DVR without problems.

---druck

---

Re: How to use as a Videoplayer?

I've tried RaspBMC at first, a couple of years ago. Till now, I never
tried to play movies, the Pi is working as a music server and I have
more than 30,000 music files. At every rescan the Pi freeced. So I
decided to use Raspbian with 'minimserver' and it runs perfectly since
years.
Maybe the latest Kodi will work better with big music collections.

wenn man ihn nicht mehr eindeutig bestellen kann.

Re: How to use as a Videoplayer?
I'm using omxplayer on my original PiB.  (I'm having problems with
long buffering times on streamed downloads, but that's something else.)
I can simply use "omxplayer <filename>" and it works.  No need for the
"-o hdmi" option.

Are you using hdmi for normal use (with local K/B and mouse)? Or are
you running headless otherwise?

IF you're not using hdmi otherwise, it may be that your configuration
is wrong.  In /boot/config.txt, I have:

  # uncomment to force a HDMI mode rather than DVI. This can make audio work in
  # DMT (computer monitor) modes
  hdmi_drive=2

According to the comment, this should only affect audio, but I dunno..

Can you play an audio file through hdmi?

There are a couple of entries in config.txt (previous to that one) that
might also be relevant (all commented out in my case).

    -- Pete --

Re: How to use as a Videoplayer?
It's a headless installation. It works perfect since years as a music
server.

I tried this, but no change. Still no picture.

How I can try?

Okay, will try,
Schultze

--
Was hat Windows mit U-Booten gemeinsam?
Kaum macht man ein Fenster auf, fangen die Probleme an.

Thank's,

Schultze

ja unbewaffnet.
                            aus d.c.o.u.l.m

Re: How to use as a Videoplayer?

This is where programs like ffmpeg and handbrake come into their own:
they can be used to transcode to a standard format. Don't try that on a
pi though. You need BIG CPU grunt for transcoding.

Re: How to use as a Videoplayer?
On Mon, 6 Feb 2017 09:44:06 +0000

    Only if you insist on doing it in real time.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith                          |   Directable Mirror Arrays
C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun

What other sort of time is there?

If you want to spend 8 hours transcoding an hours movie, that's still a
real 8 hours...

--
?It is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
Re: How to use as a Videoplayer?

    Real time for video usually means at the right rate, something which
is essential if you want to transcode on the fly in a media server. That IME
is the only time there's a hard requirement for transcoding speed.

    Yes this is true - I did not invent the terminology. However real
time processing has always meant getting the job done within a specified
time interval or by a specified time. Payroll is a real time application for
example (if it's not finished by payday there will be loud complaints).

    However my point remains that you can transcode perfectly well with
modest CPU if you aren't fussy about how long it takes.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith                          |   Directable Mirror Arrays
C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun
Re: How to use as a Videoplayer?
declaimed the following:

    Just don't include perspective corrections <G>

    Quite some years ago I was rendering video captured at a convention.
Part of which was ~10 minutes of a projected video on a screen in the
corner of the room. Naturally panning the camera to the screen rather than
the stage resulted in a trapezoidal projection. I marked off that section
of video for a crop and adjust operation (Sony Vegas Pro -- don't recall
the version; 32-bit WinXP, 3.4GHz as I recall [box is in storage, replaced
with a, now 64-bit Win10, quad core i7 -- and I may get around to rendering
the subsequent convention years sometime this summer -- after a layoff])...
Where most of the video rendered at around 12-15 frames per second (I had
some color correction in play too), the crop/adjust took nearly a day for
the 10 minute clip. Easily a minute per frame if not more.
--
    Wulfraed                 Dennis Lee Bieber         AF6VN
     snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

Re: How to use as a Videoplayer?
At my age, I don't have the years left.

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.

Re: How to use as a Videoplayer?

time is relative, lunch time doubly so - Ford prefect

--
One way to stop a runaway horse is to bet on him.

Re: How to use as a Videoplayer?

I think you mean:

  "Time is *an illusion*, lunchtime doubly so."
  -- Ford Prefect.

--
Cheers,
 Daniel.

Re: How to use as a Videoplayer?
On Sun, 12 Feb 2017 14:22:03 -0000

    After drinking six pints at lunchtime most things are an illusion.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith                          |   Directable Mirror Arrays
C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun
Re: How to use as a Videoplayer?
declaimed the following:

    Until the relatives show up...
--
    Wulfraed                 Dennis Lee Bieber         AF6VN
     snipped-for-privacy@ix.netcom.com    HTTP://wlfraed.home.netcom.com/

Site Timeline