How to use as a Videoplayer?

Hi,

Ii tryed to use my RasPi as a Videoplayer. I'm connected via wifi and ssh from my laptop, and my tv is connected to the Pi with hdmi.

If I try with omxplayer I got nothing at the tv.

pi@bowmore ~ $ omxplayer -o hdmi /media/Platte/Big_Buck_Bunny_medium.ogv.mp4 have a nice day ;) pi@bowmore ~ $

Nothing more.

How I can start playing video in my case?

Thanks, Schultze

Reply to
Michael Schütz

Whith vlc I got audio at the tv, but no video. And some errors:

VLC media player 2.2.4 Weatherwax (revision 2.2.3-37-g888b7e89) [0129efe8] core interface error: no suitable interface module [011ff8f8] core libvlc error: interface "globalhotkeys,none" initialization failed [0129c2a0] dbus interface error: Failed to connect to the D-Bus session daemon: Unable to autolaunch a dbus-daemon without a $DISPLAY for X11 [0129c2a0] core interface error: no suitable interface module [011ff8f8] core libvlc error: interface "dbus,none" initialization failed

Benutzen Sie 'cvlc', um VLC ohne Interface zu verwenden. [0129c278] qt4 interface error: Could not connect to X server [0129c278] skins2 interface error: cannot initialize OSFactory [b4202fd0] filesystem access error: cannot open file /home/pi/test (No such file or directory) [b4202fd0] core access error: Einlesen der Datei fehlgeschlagen [b4202fd0] core access error: VLC konnte die Datei ?/home/pi/test? nicht

[012940d0] core input error: open of `file:///home/pi/test' failed [012940d0] core input error: VLC kann die Medienadresse

Fehlerprotokoll nachsehen. [0129c278] [cli] lua interface: Listening on host "*console".

Schultze

--
In dieser Welt gibt es nur zwei Sorten Menschen - intelligente Menschen

						Abu Al-Alaa al-Maari
Reply to
Michael Schütz

Which Pi? I use OSMC on a B+, LibreElec on a B. Both work well.

--

Chris Elvidge, England
Reply to

Chris Elvidge schrieb:

Pi 1 B, Raspbian Jessie

Schultze

--
Der Mensch hat die Atombombe erfunden.

							aus d.c.o.u.a.m
Reply to
Michael Schütz

On Fri, 3 Feb 2017 14:10:27 +0100

I put OpenELEC on a RPi Zero and it just works, rather well actually. The TV is only 720p, I don't know how well it would cope with 1080p. I just copy the video files wirelessly to the HDcard, and the TV remote controls the Kodi interface.

Reply to
Rob Morley

If you want to use it as a dedicated media player I recommend LibreElec/Kodi and using the Kore android app to remote control it.

I have an B1 with Wifi in the Kitchen and it plays HD video from my Humax DVR without problems.

---druck

druck

I'm using omxplayer on my original PiB. (I'm having problems with long buffering times on streamed downloads, but that's something else.) I can simply use "omxplayer " and it works. No need for the "-o hdmi" option.

Are you using hdmi for normal use (with local K/B and mouse)? Or are you running headless otherwise?

IF you're not using hdmi otherwise, it may be that your configuration is wrong. In /boot/config.txt, I have:

# uncomment to force a HDMI mode rather than DVI. This can make audio work in # DMT (computer monitor) modes hdmi_drive=2 According to the comment, this should only affect audio, but I dunno..

Can you play an audio file through hdmi?

There are a couple of entries in config.txt (previous to that one) that might also be relevant (all commented out in my case).

-- Pete --

Reply to
Pete

druck schrieb:

I've tried RaspBMC at first, a couple of years ago. Till now, I never tried to play movies, the Pi is working as a music server and I have more than 30,000 music files. At every rescan the Pi freeced. So I decided to use Raspbian with 'minimserver' and it runs perfectly since years. Maybe the latest Kodi will work better with big music collections.

--

wenn man ihn nicht mehr eindeutig bestellen kann.
Reply to

Here the output from omxplayer in the logfile: ~ $ cat omxplayer.log

08:29:30 T:1847954332 DEBUG: DllBcm: Using omx system library 08:29:30 T:1847989756 DEBUG: DllOMX: Using omx system library 08:29:30 T:1848007978 DEBUG: DllAvFormat: Using libavformat system library 08:29:30 T:1848062725 DEBUG: DBus connection succeeded 08:29:30 T:1848075921 DEBUG: Keyboard: DBus connection succeeded 08:29:30 T:1848076778 DEBUG: OMXThread::Create - Thread with id -1323305952 started 08:29:30 T:1848077293 DEBUG: DllAvUtilBase: Using libavutil system library 08:29:30 T:1848077617 DEBUG: DllAvCodec: Using libavcodec system library 08:29:30 T:1848077789 DEBUG: DllAvFormat: Using libavformat system library 08:29:30 T:1848603901 DEBUG: COMXCoreComponent::Initialize OMX.broadcom.clock input port 80 output port 81 m_handle 0x35fba0 08:29:30 T:1848607013 DEBUG: OMXClock::OMXStop 08:29:30 T:1848611825 DEBUG: OMXClock::OMXSetSpeed(0.00) pause_resume:1 08:29:30 T:1848613298 DEBUG: DllAvUtilBase: Using libavutil system library 08:29:30 T:1848613695 DEBUG: DllAvCodec: Using libavcodec system library 08:29:30 T:1848613872 DEBUG: DllAvFormat: Using libavformat system library 08:29:30 T:1848628380 DEBUG: COMXCoreComponent::Initialize OMX.broadcom.video_decode input port 130 output port 131 m_handle 0x35eae0 08:29:30 T:1848630017 ERROR: COMXCoreComponent::SetParameter - OMX.broadcom.video_decode failed with omx_err(0x80001005) 08:29:30 T:1848642047 DEBUG: COMXCoreComponent::Deinitialize : OMX.broadcom.video_decode handle 0x35eae0 08:29:30 T:1848643511 DEBUG: OMXClock::OMXStop 08:29:30 T:1848653155 DEBUG: OMXThread::Run - Exited thread with id -1323305952 08:29:30 T:1848655042 DEBUG: OMXThread::StopThread - Thread stopped 08:29:30 T:1848674419 DEBUG: COMXCoreComponent::Deinitialize : OMX.broadcom.clock handle 0x35fba0 There is only one error. But, how can I fix it?

Schultze

--
Engstirnige Menschen sind wie Flaschen mit einem engen Hals, je weniger

							Jonathan Swift
Reply to
Michael Schütz

Pete schrieb:

It's a headless installation. It works perfect since years as a music server.

I tried this, but no change. Still no picture.

How I can try?

Okay, will try, Schultze

--
Was hat Windows mit U-Booten gemeinsam?
Kaum macht man ein Fenster auf, fangen die Probleme an.

Pete schrieb:

The two files I used for testing are not played. Now I tried it with some other files and it works. So it is not a problem with omxplayer, but with some of my files.

Thank's,

Schultze

--

ja unbewaffnet.
							aus d.c.o.u.l.m

This is where programs like ffmpeg and handbrake come into their own: they can be used to transcode to a standard format. Don't try that on a pi though. You need BIG CPU grunt for transcoding.

or condoning; the full, exact, specific meaning of collectivism, of its
logical implications, of the principles upon which it is based, and of
the ultimate consequences to which these principles will lead. They must
face it, then decide whether this is what they want or not.

Ayn Rand.
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Hah! Yes, for interest I downloaded the Big_Bunny file from Wikimedia [an annoyingly big file!], and it fails for me in omxplayer, too. Moved it over to my Haiku machine, and it plays fine there.

I copied over a much smaller (and lower res)ogv file I happened to have, and it won't play that, either. I wonder if it handles that format at all? A bit strange that it doesn't.

-- Pete --

Reply to
Pete

Only if you insist on doing it in real time.

C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun
Ahem A Rivet's Shot

What other sort of time is there?

If you want to spend 8 hours transcoding an hours movie, that's still a real 8 hours...

--
?It is hard to imagine a more stupid decision or more dangerous way of
who pay no price for being wrong.?

Thomas Sowell
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Real time for video usually means at the right rate, something which is essential if you want to transcode on the fly in a media server. That IME is the only time there's a hard requirement for transcoding speed.

Yes this is true - I did not invent the terminology. However real time processing has always meant getting the job done within a specified time interval or by a specified time. Payroll is a real time application for example (if it's not finished by payday there will be loud complaints).

However my point remains that you can transcode perfectly well with modest CPU if you aren't fussy about how long it takes.

C:>WIN                                      | A better way to focus the sun
Ahem A Rivet's Shot

time is relative, lunch time doubly so - Ford prefect

--
One way to stop a runaway horse is to bet on him.
Reply to

On Sat, 11 Feb 2017 20:17:26 +0000, Ahem A Rivet's Shot declaimed the following:

Just don't include perspective corrections

Quite some years ago I was rendering video captured at a convention. Part of which was ~10 minutes of a projected video on a screen in the corner of the room. Naturally panning the camera to the screen rather than the stage resulted in a trapezoidal projection. I marked off that section of video for a crop and adjust operation (Sony Vegas Pro -- don't recall the version; 32-bit WinXP, 3.4GHz as I recall [box is in storage, replaced with a, now 64-bit Win10, quad core i7 -- and I may get around to rendering the subsequent convention years sometime this summer -- after a layoff])... Where most of the video rendered at around 12-15 frames per second (I had some color correction in play too), the crop/adjust took nearly a day for the 10 minute clip. Easily a minute per frame if not more.

Dennis Lee Bieber

At my age, I don't have the years left.

foolish, and by the rulers as useful.

(Seneca the Younger, 65 AD)
Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I think you mean:

"Time is *an illusion*, lunchtime doubly so." -- Ford Prefect.

--
Cheers,
 Daniel.