Using a Thermal Gun / Infrared Thermometer for electronics - Page 2

Re: Using a Thermal Gun / Infrared Thermometer for electronics

I bought one for under $25 shipped and I've seen them cheaper.  How
cheap does it need to be to pick up one?

I've used it for any number of things including measuring the
temperature of the sky which can be so low the unit doesn't read a
number at all.  Now that's cold!

--

Rick C

Re: Using a Thermal Gun / Infrared Thermometer for electronics

Google "cosmic microwave background"...

Mike.

Re: Using a Thermal Gun / Infrared Thermometer for electronics

Hard to measure that with a thermal sensor.  Too much air in the way.
But on a clear night you get an average of sorts of the various layers
of atmosphere and outer space.

That's a funny name, "outer space".  We seem to have found names for all
the atmosphere layers, I wonder why we didn't find a more formal name
for outer space.

--

Rick C

Re: Using a Thermal Gun / Infrared Thermometer for electronics

I have used one or more. I made a tube to cut down on beam width. You can
get a pretty good idea of coverage. Reading may vary with reduced beam.

Greg

Site Timeline