Sony SL-C9 frame advance fault

x-no-archive: Yes

All

I have a Sony SL-C9 with frame advance fault: Does anyone have a service manual or info to hand which would tell me what to adjust for this fairly minor problem on an SL-C9: The 1/10th speed, and frame advance (including reverse) don't quite work, the picture jumps a tiny bit but doesn't move on a frame. Also the freeze frame often has a noise bar. But the 1/5th speed works just fine and without a noise bar. I expect there is some adjustment required to change the nudge power for the very slow motion operations. Any advice most appreciated.

All other functions are 100% (now that I've swapped the PSU and repaired the usual front-loading problems).

Please copy me on any reply to snipped-for-privacy@bigfoot.com

Thanks.

Colin

Colin McCormick

From the E (UK) suffix version of the manual RV1 in still RV16 and RV17 in 1/5, no mention of 1/10

N Cook

Hello and thanks for your reply.

On the servo PCB at the base of the machine, I see RV001 in the reel section. It is labeled FR SPD. Is this the RV1 you refer to? Alas adjusting it makes no difference. It takes several stabs at the frame advance key to make it move on a frame.

This I think implies either an electronic fault (not unusual for a Sony of this vintage) or a tape transport problem (but then it would affect the 1/5 speed).

I will have to try to get the relevant part of the diagram and start fault finding down to component level.

Thanks for your help,

Colin

N Cook wrote:

Reply to
Colin McCormick

x-no-archive: Yes

FIXED IT!

A slight anticlockwise adjustment of RV017 "MOTOR DRIVE" on the JR-1 panel (beneath the tuner) got the 1/10th and freeze frame advance controls working perfectly.

Colin

Col> x-no-archive: Yes

Reply to
Colin McCormick