Programming a Dranetz 626

Acquired a basic 626 power analyzer. After fixing up the thermal printer -- which works fine now -- I want to program thresholds etc. I'd start with the clock but it turns out that all the PDFs I've gathered don't show a single step re. programming. They are all basically catalogs of plug-in cards available for the 626 and what they each can do.

Anybody have 626 documentation that shows setup & programming?

(And please, no replies re. "That is so old you're lucky to find anything...". That goes WITHOUT SAYING.)

Thanks, Dave

Reply to
DaveC

Hi Dave,

I also have a 626. Maybe you (or I?) can start a yahoo group for Dranetz where we can share some information and manuals? They are pretty nice units with many options. Seems to be a flood of cheap supplies.

tm

Reply to
tm

You first. (c;

I just received a reply to my request: a few 626 "quick start" guides -- it's not the complete user guide and makes reference to being sure to read the u.g. (!) . It covers front panel controls and basic programming of each card. Do you need these PDFs? Post an email address (sufficiently obfuscated to avoid being vacuumed by the spam bots) and I'll send them to you.

I resurrected the thermal printer by scrubbing the print head with alcohol and a brush. Prints like new. Paper travel without crinkling is a bit fiddly, but once it gets going it seems to self-center.

Do you have a parts mule? I need the plastic side panel under the carry handle (about 3.5 x 15 inches).

Cheers, Dave

Reply to
DaveC

And front and rear travel covers!

Dave

Reply to
notme

Ok, I will set it up. I have very little information on the unit, mostly setup stuff.

No to the parts question but I do see these show up cheap on ebay.

I guess I'll call it the "Dranetz user group".

tm

Reply to
tm

Ok, done. Here:

tm

Reply to
tm

Make sure you make it moderated. Otherwise the only posts to the group will be spam.

We're now a Yahoo group of 2!

DaveC

If there is spam, I'll turn on the moderation. Right now you only need to be a member.

I tried to upload a user manual but it was over 5 megs and was rejected. It is just under 7 megs. If you can take an attachment, I'll converse with you through the group.

When I got mine, it was very dirty inside. Also, the nicads were dead. I got it all working now so need to do some studying in the reading room sometime.

Have fun, T

Reply to
tm

ftp://ftp.dranetz-bmi.com/mkellom/OldDranetz/626manDoc.pdf

-- Paul Hovnanian mailto: snipped-for-privacy@Hovnanian.com

Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.