Options for shorted transformer

I have a transformer shorted from pri to sec for an industrial CNC machinin g center. It's in an Aartac type 921A power supply. The XFR is a Wagner + G rimm type EE554 made in Switzerland that I can't seem to locate. Anyone kn ow a source or know of a trusted rewinder I can send this to?

Reply to
ohger1s

ing center. It's in an Aartac type 921A power supply. The XFR is a Wagner + Grimm type EE554 made in Switzerland that I can't seem to locate. Anyone know a source or know of a trusted rewinder I can send this to?

electaudio at cox Dot net Ask for John.

Is a good rewinder, or will 'built-to-suit' at a reasonable cost.

There must be thousands of Hammond off-the-shelf transformers if you do not need multiple secondaries and multiple primaries.

What are the specific needs?

Peter Wieck Melrose Park, PA

Reply to
pfjw

You can buy the replacement power supply on-line.

If it's running off 240VAC, you could replace it with a generic switcher that fits, or even a linear if there's room. 24V 2A5 out....

RL

Reply to
legg

Hammond also winds to spec. Expensive, but I've yet to have a Hammond transformer fail that was operated within its design specs.

Not much you can't replace with the Hammond catalogue on hand and not worrying about extra un-needed windings.

John :-#)#

John's  Jukes Ltd. 2343 Main St., Vancouver, BC, Canada V5T 3C9
                      www.flippers.com
John Robertson

I dont know what a CNC is, or what voltages are needed, but I was recently looking on Ebay for a small transformer and saw more heavy duty industrial ones than I saw the smaller ones.

Reply to
oldschool

If you know the xmfr specs you should be able to find one on ebay, I would think. CNC controls have been around a long time and all sorts of parts for them are on ebay. Eric

Reply to
etpm