Mother board problem

I have a HP Touchsmart 300-1020 computer that has no video and no audible error code. The PS seems to be providing proper power for much of the MB, its fans, its DVD, and HD. It has a APP78-CF mother board that uses an AMD Athlon II x2 4200+ processor in an AM3 socket. I first searched for some documentation on the processor since there is no heat being generated by it, and that would mean it was not running. But it is not available as far as I could find. (Years ago such info was easily found on smaller processors.) My purpose was to determine where the clock pulse was and to determine if the processor voltages were present. I probed the MB and found the core voltages around the periphery of the socket, so I think the processor is getting the proper voltages. There is a clock generator chip on the MB (SLG8LP625T) and a search for the pinouts also came up empty. I did determine it needed

3.3 volts however, and it appears to have it. Probing the clock generator chip with my scope leads me to believe that the chip is not running, as there are no active leads on it.

So my question is: Does the clock generator chip free run, or is it enabled by some lead? Years ago it was free running on older MBs. I do not intend to try to replace the chip, but I would like to know if it has what is needed before I give up on the MB.

Reply to
Ken

Check your power switch and circuit ?

Jamie

Reply to
Maynard A. Philbrook Jr.

If you mean does the power switch turn on power? The answer is Yes. If you mean something else, please elaborate. I can turn on and turn off power, the processor does not seem to be running.

Reply to
Ken