Fire Up CRT TV/DVD Without CRT Connected?

I need to start up my Toshiba 9" TV/DVD TV to remove a DVD. I have the CRT removed (long story). Is it safe to just ground the HT lead to chassis and have the neck board disconnected for a few seconds power up to cycle the tray without blowing up the boards? Thanks JR

JR North

Turn the tray motor by hand.

Or just take a 16" screwdriver to it. Break off any plastic that gets in your way.

Reply to
AZ Nomad

This is the best suggestion.

Grounding the HT lead when powering is a sure way to blow it up.

Just turn the tray motor by hand. Didn't I hear that before? :)

--- sam

Reply to
Sam Goldwasser

.... personally.... I like the "16 inch screwdriver" idea.

Reply to
electricitym