crt TV OSD channel

Hi all, wierd thing of the day: the channel number (OSD overlay) on an old

14" CRT TV is never disappearing. I've never encountered this behaviour, so I'm a bit unsure where to start diagnosing. The chassis is a Nokia Mono Plus, few ICs do everything. On the other hand, the volume OSD bar disappears quickly after the last volume button action. Any hint? Frank
Reply to
frank

It may be a setting. Check the settings in the menus.

Reply to
Terry Schwartz

Menus in a 1980's TV? This is probably the first attempt at any kind of OSD.

Frank

Reply to
frank

I had a Toshiba of similar vintage, maybe just slightly newer, and it had menus.

Heathkit and some Zenith TV's from even earlier has some OSDs. Caller ID and station number.

Reply to
Terry Schwartz

Do you have a schematic, or a datasheet on that IC? I've had shorted ceramic capacitors on the control lines which kept a function locked. In another case the bad capacitor shorted the input voltage that controlled the brightness.

Reply to
Michael A Terrell

I've had that happen on a CRT not quite that old.

It's really annoying. There was always some combination of inputs from the remote that fixed it, but sometimes it took us a couple weeks to hit on it again.

Reply to
Tim R