Does it really have two outputs?

So for my tv speaker, I ordered an amp from MCM Electronics

Provides 3.5W RMS output into a 4ohm load Daytton Ohio, and it came in only 2 days to Baltimore.

It needs a power supply so I was looking f through my box of transformer-DC supplies and even though this is too small for the amp, I have a question about a WC-4 Battery Charger 404743-000

On it, it lists its input as 120VAC 5w

BUT it lists TWO outputs 10.1 VDC 12mA max 3,0 VDC 150mA max.

The output is the pair of male and female snaps one finds on a small 9 votl battery. AND no other output.

So why are there specs, on the thing itself, for TWO ouputs?

Thanks.

P.S. The ebay listings below say it's for charging a 9V nicad battery. You can take my word for that, or if you want, check :-)

The WC4 charger is convenient and light, able to plug into any standard home outlet and charge any NiCD 9V size battery.
The WC4 charger is convenient and light, able to plug into any standard home outlet and charge any NiCD 9V size battery.
nicad WC4 Wall Charger for 9V NiCD

Reply to
micky

Shrugs ........... mebbe it has a jumper selection inside ?? If it's Asian you can expect a few probs with translation so I would take a look inside if possible.

Reply to
Rheilly Phoull

The "two outputs" term probably is an improper Chinese translation for "two
terminals".
If it's a Nicd battery charger, the output is likely a current source.  Your
amp need a voltage source.  The charger is not a good choice to power it.
You need an adequate power supply, not a battery charger.
12V supplies are available all over the place for cheap.

cheers,
Dave M
Reply to
Dave M

So, at a 12 mA load, you get 10.1 V out, at 150 mA it droops to only

3 V. A REALLY crummy wall-wart supply, which might actually be fine as a battery charger, but not so good as a power supply for electronics.

Your amp would be expected to need 3.5 W input, minimum. Your power supply can provide 121 mW at 10.1 V, or 450 mW at 3 V. I suspect it won't power the audio amp, even if the voltage were within range, but you don't state what the amp needs.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

No, not meant to be opened. Te box is all glued together, A 5-sided piece and the bottom..

Jon frgured it out.

But thanaks.

Reply to
micky

Oops. I could have answered Rheilly here.

My bad. "Two outputs" were my words. All it said was this:

I should never have mentioned the amplifier. Sorry.

I have 3 or 4, but while I was looking, this caught my eye too.

Thanks.

Reply to
micky

Okay. Makes sense. I just never saw anything listed like this before.

So when the battery one is charging is very much discharged, it will still probably have 6 volts, and 3 volts won't be enough to charge it at all I guess

Maybe I paid 50 cents for it, and I liked it because it was different from the others, with the 9v snaps. . I don't have any rechargable

9votl batteries yet

I should never have mentioned the amp.

I should never have mentioned the amp.

I have to find a plug and a jack (much harder no that as yet unprocessed junk is piled up against the drawers where that stuff is kept.). But I'll get back to you all in a few days

And I have to read t he TV manual more carefullly, since it has more than output for the sound (an RCA jack and an earphone jack.) I've only had the use of an earphone jack in t he past.

Thanks.

Reply to
micky

charged.