Cleaning grease from cables, electronics, metal parts and plastic components

Hi everyone !

Does anyone know a technique or product to clean grease from cables, electronics, metal parts and plastic components ? We receive a lot of different components from clients, who all use grease. So before we service the equipment, we have to clean it all, and it takes a lot of time.

We use Goo Gone, but whatever you cannot wipe with a cloth (like the inside of the cable's conectors) stays dirty.

I was thinking of somekind of a soaking bath that you leave the product in or shake it in and just wipe the excess off.

Does this miracle exist ?

Thanks in advance...

Reply to
freddyboy1

I was going to recommend Curtisol from Curtis Industries (it's a spray cleaner with citrus oils), but their Website is missing. Apparently, they're out of business.

Reply to
William Sommerwerck

Dunno how safe it would be for immersion, but Simple Green is a decent degreaser.

--
          If you really believe carbon dioxide causes global warming,
                          you should stop exhaling.

I don't think there is one product for all uses. Read the below link. Water based cleaners can corrode electrical contacts. Oil based cleaners leave a film. Solvent based cleaners can harm some plastics.

tnom

Compressed air then alcohol wipes.

Reply to
tnom