Black Body Information and For Sale

I know this is not a For Sale Group,,,what I really need is information,,th= en perhaps I can do the forsale thing on a physics,forum/place// For years = I have collected alumunium ,copper,nickel magnesium..I do Govt Auctions onl= ine,,,I have bought some cheap and crazy stuff thru the years,,This Black B= ody (so named on Faceplate) seems to be complete,,the information says Seri= al # 25,,,,Model#1945,,,,,,it has four sets of slits ...on the radiator.the s= mallest about 2/3 long ,,the largest about an inch and half (I measured wit= h my finger knuckles)...the calibration sticker has a date of 49325 Soon (i hope) my Forge will be complete and I can start melting and pouring= ,i am in the process of putting what I am going to melt in a pile,,,a littl= e Afraid of the Black Body because magnesium in a Forge is a very BAD thing= ,,,it burns and burns,and sometimes can sink a bit and explode. Don't need that fo sho,the Black Body is about a foot square and picking it= up it feels like about 10 pounds,,looks to be completely made of an alumin= um alloy.Looking for info. a joe in texas

Reply to
Joe Smith

then perhaps I can do the forsale thing on a physics,forum/place// For year= s I have collected alumunium ,copper,nickel magnesium..I do Govt Auctions o= nline,,,I have bought some cheap and crazy stuff thru the years,,This Black= Body (so named on Faceplate) seems to be complete,,the information says Se= rial

he smallest about 2/3 long ,,the largest about an inch and half (I measured= with my finger knuckles)...the calibration sticker has a date of 49325

ng,i am in the process of putting what I am going to melt in a pile,,,a lit= tle Afraid of the Black Body because magnesium in a Forge is a very BAD thi= ng,,,it burns and burns,and sometimes can sink a bit and explode.

it up it feels like about 10 pounds,,looks to be completely made of an alum= inum alloy.Looking for info.

A black body is used for calibrating Infrared devices like cameras and sensors. Dont destroy it. Try ebay. Also I know someone who might be interested in it.

-Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Biehler

perhaps I can do the forsale thing on a physics,forum/place// For years I have collected alumunium ,copper,nickel magnesium..I do Govt Auctions online,,,I have bought some cheap and crazy stuff thru the years,,This Black Body (so named on Faceplate) seems to be complete,,the information says Serial

smallest about 2/3 long ,,the largest about an inch and half (I measured with my finger knuckles)...the calibration sticker has a date of 49325

am in the process of putting what I am going to melt in a pile,,,a little Afraid of the Black Body because magnesium in a Forge is a very BAD thing,,,it burns and burns,and sometimes can sink a bit and explode.

up it feels like about 10 pounds,,looks to be completely made of an aluminum alloy.Looking for info.

They're (or at least the name is) also used to separate fools from their money.

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

n,,then perhaps I can do the forsale thing on a physics,forum/place// For y= ears I have collected alumunium ,copper,nickel magnesium..I do Govt Auction= s online,,,I have bought some cheap and crazy stuff thru the years,,This Bl= ack Body (so named on Faceplate) seems to be complete,,the information says= Serial

or.the smallest about 2/3 long ,,the largest about an inch and half (I meas= ured with my finger knuckles)...the calibration sticker has a date of 49325

uring,i am in the process of putting what I am going to melt in a pile,,,a = little Afraid of the Black Body because magnesium in a Forge is a very BAD = thing,,,it burns and burns,and sometimes can sink a bit and explode.

ng it up it feels like about 10 pounds,,looks to be completely made of an a= luminum alloy.Looking for info.

Well, that is a blackbody, but probably not what he has. Probaby something more like this. A friend recently spent a LOT of money on one.

-Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Biehler