Lead free solder - exposed in a UK national newspaper

Indeed, some experts recommend this, saying that mixing leaded and lead-free in the same joint, reduces the potential integrity of that joint

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

My usual supplier was doing small samples of just about every type that he carried. I'll have a look and see if he still is. What's the melting temperature of that mix, and what's the price like ?

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Absolutely. When repairing old kit use leaded solder.

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

All this being obviously true, it is inconceivable that the ROHS thing has been done out of sheer stupidity - noone is that stupid, even though those in high offices routinely want to look that in order to be left alone. I can think of no plausible explanation for this ROHS madness other than a well planned and executed sabotage action agaist the countries which have (and rely on) an electronics industry. At a scale that large, even the most expensive to bribe officials cost peanuts.

Dimiter