ITT Power Systems Linear Switcher for VME Chassis

We have a ITT Power Systems PEC4071 1250W (5VDC@150/+12VDC@80A/-12VDC@20A) switcher that appears to have gone bad (or is at least on the way out!). The unit caries a Motorola part number and powers a VME based computer in a piece of test equipment in our lab.

The symptoms are pretty straight forward: 99% of the time it will not start up! This all started when the system was shut down for maintenance and we went back to turn it on. Nothing; no fans; nothing. We pulled the unit and let it sit for a few hours, and when we plugged it in it turned on. However, when we turned it off, it would not come back up again for a couple of hours. The second time we checked the output voltages and they all looked good.

Does anyone know of ITT Power Systems still exists or who might have purchased them?

Anyone happen to have a schematic? We are particularly interested in the 30 pin header connector which connects to the front control panel of the VME chassis. There are 4 wires on this connector as follows:

BLACK Ground WHITE -15VDC VIOLET ?? GREY ??

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Don

Reply to