1985 RCA TV

5" b/w TV/radio combo still in excellent working order. runs on 12v car adapter or d-cell batteries. have misplaced a/c adapter and need to find replacement. TV model number is AXR056S. Manual includes model numbers AXR054W, CXR054W, and CXR056S so adapter for any of these models may work. Please advise any info. Thanks l patrick
Reply to
l patrick

You didn't specify what part of the world you live in, but I bet there is a Radio Shack near you. All you need is an AC-DC adapter (assuming the input is DC, because usually it runs off a cigarette lighter as well, I have a Radio Shack TV just like it). Just buy a

12VDC adapater that is just slightly above the current rating of the TV.

ie: if the TV is 1000mA, you would need at least a 1000mA adapter, don't go much higher if it isn't regulated.

--
Myron Samila
Toronto, ON Canada

Find out the power consumption from a label on the unit. Then buy a mains adaptor that can produce 12 V at that wattage (or at Wattage/12 Amps) and connect to the 12V input on the TV.

Reply to
CWatters