who can help me? i want to know the bitsream format of Virtex-II

if anyone know and is going to give me a hand, many thanks here!

Re: who can help me? i want to know the bitsream format of Virtex-II

It's binary format, but you can see the design file name, chip ID and date &
time of creation in the first
64 bytes if you open it in winhex editor.

Re: who can help me? i want to know the bitsream format of Virtex-II
Binary format and secret!
Good for protecting designs against piracy but too many problems for
those who want to do dynamic reconf :-(

Mehdi

Re: who can help me? i want to know the bitsream format of Virtex-II

Yeah I was aware of that, dynamic reconf is a nightmare. Worked on that
thingy before and never again.

Re: who can help me? i want to know the bitsream format of Virtex-II

On Tue, 13 Dec 2005 15:54:27 +0800, "Frank"

Is not so difficult, is question of patiente and experience and know
very well what you are doing.

Javier

Re: who can help me? i want to know the bitsream format of Virtex-II

Patience is an understatement.  The tools for partial reconfiguration
are virtually non-existent.  Without suitable tools, using dynamic
partial reconfiguration in a design is a lot of painstaking work, and
with the size of the devices available today is not economically
justified in the vast majority of applications.  A comprehensive set of
tools for working with partial reconfiguration could easily change that,
but I don't expect to see the necessary extensions to the tools any time
soon.

Re: who can help me? i want to know the bitsream format of Virtex-II

there is some info about the format available :)

and a utility

http://xilant.com/component/option,com_remository/Itemid,53/func,fileinfo/id,6 /

bit2frames can be used to find some bit locations, etc...

supports spartan3 converts .BIT file to redable "frames dump"

antti

Site Timeline