VCC's HOTman

Hi , I downloaded HOTman from Virtual Computing corporation around April'03 but when I tried to open the console now it didnt work.Also I went through the procedure again for running HOTman the first time and still couldnt get the GUI to appear.I got the error message "Could not find main class" when I double clicked on the Hotman.jar file.

Is this a problem of JRE or is the software HOTman no longer working. I also tried to download the evaluation edition again from the VCC website and couldnt do it(got an internal server error problem).Have they closed the site ?

Has anybody faced similar problems with HOTman? Also to implement programs from C directly to FPGA would Celoxica's HandelC oriented DK1-design Suite be the next best option,if I cant get HOTman working.

Kindly do help me out on the above.

Thanks , Sriram

Reply to
Sriram

There is a date coded license file did you ever get that? So the HOTMan software allows you to download remotely and it has a "plugin" technology that allows you to get inbetween the delievery of the bitstream and the final destination. It has examples of how to use the Xilinx download cable and it also has Jtag functions. HOTMan also lets you make your own commands so you can build test software for your system.

With just a few lines of code you can deliver your bitstream run some kind of test and then the software will ship back a message that you create. And it will work over the net so you can run it from your office and download into the lab.

Let me know if you have problems.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Casselman

Dear Mr.Casselman, Thanks for replying to my message ,and no i did not get the license file. Also I dont want to do remote hardware upgrade,I just want to write to the FPGA using C++ hardware objects. As I wrote in earlier I'm not able to run the HOTman application even after following the steps for first time use (like updating the batch file etc ..)

Reply to
Sriram

This software allows you to encapsulate a bitstream and do remote upgrades. It does not use C++ as a a hardware description language. I think what you want is

Steve

technology

cable

commands