Graphic LCD

I should interface the my SoC with an HITACHI SP14Q005 display, 320x240 pixel.

There is someone who could tell me what to do to write text on display?

Reply to
Marco

rick

Reply to
Jedi

I read the article and it is very interesting, but the code seems to be written in verilog, or pseudi verilog.

Where I can find a brief verilog manual?

Reply to
Marco

To print text on display I need to have font on a rom.

Could you explain how to create a file to copy into rom?

Reply to
Marco

I'm also interseted in it

I'm writing an VGA display with incorporated ROM font , for test I just implemented part of font but in the future I will have to implemente all the font so knowing how to generate a file for the rom should be interesting.(I have already made a ROM for an altera component with dspbuilder but actually I doesn't know how to call a file in HDL and be recognized by xst as a rom)

"Marco" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@webx.sUNCHnE...

Reply to
KCL

In what way have you implemented the ROM fonts? (I'm using Xilinx EDK)

Reply to
Marco

I use xilinx ise foundation

the rom is declared in vhdl i declare an array that contains contains each symbol of the font exactely each symbol is reprensated by 8 std_logic of 8 bit i adress the rom by the concatenation of the symbol & the 3 lsb of the adress of the vertical pointer then i peak the right bit with the 3 lsb of horizontal pointer for example 'A' symbol look like

--
"00000000", --
Reply to

I don't know if you are still looking for IP to write text but I have finish the pre-version of my VGA display , it takes input smbole code save it into a rom that save all the caracter code to display on the screen and then adress the rom with the font the actual configuration is:

640*480 pixels screen 8*8 pixel caracter (so the screen could display 80*60symbols) 25MHz/pixel

actually not all the font is integrated (only A->Z)

here is you could find the *.vhd files the top integrate the display function called afficheur_vga and dummy for test (DCM for dividing frequency and others stuff ) the constraint file is for spartan 3 digilent board if you want to test the design just P&R and program your board =>reset is the last slide switch =>the 3 first slide switch are for color of screen =>the push button are for the are respectevely a, b, c , enter (1sec refresh frequency, could be change by changing the test value of cpt in top.vhd)

The design is not yet finish because I have to change some little thing as complet the font, make generic all I can and make a documentation.

Regards

Alexis