avnet FX12 mini module example temac design does not work in edk 8.2.02i

I'm using the Avnet virtex-4 fx mini module. I downloaded their sample design using the embedded tri mode ethernet mac wrapper. The design is supposed to be an echo server. I am able to build the user application successfully. But when I try to update the bitstream I receive many warnings. I open up the hyperterminal and it does not display whether the memory is being tested on the board, like it is supposed to. I try to connect to port 7 and a message is displayed on the telnet terminal that connect failed.

WARNING:MDT - fpga_0_RS232_rtsN (rtsN) -

C:\fx12mm_temac_lwip_echo_server_edk8_2_021\V4FX12MM_TEMAC_lwIP_Echo_Server_D esign\system.mhs line 296 - floating connection!

Then I get many warnings of this type:

WARNING:MDT - MII_RXD_0 (Hard_Temac_0) -

E:\EDK\hw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\pcores\hard_temac_v3_00_a\data\hard_temac_v2_1 _0.mpd line 76 - connection is not connected to an external port! . . . .

WARNING:MDT - GMII_RXD_1 (Hard_Temac_0) -

E:\EDK\hw\XilinxProcessorIPLib\pcores\hard_temac_v3_00_a\data\hard_temac_v2_1 _0.mpd line 141 - connection is not connected to an external port! MPD subproperties IOB_STATE=BUF|REG require that the input port be connected directly to an external port.

WARNING:coreutil:8 - Feature is enabled with a Hardware_Evaluation license. Completion time: 3.00 seconds

Creating hardware output directories ...

Then I get many warnings of this type:

WARNING:Xst:2211 - "C:/fx12mm_temac_lwip_echo_server_edk8_2_021/V4FX12MM_TEMAC_lwIP_Echo_Server_Design/hdl/system.vhd" line 3673: Instantiating black box module .

I don't know where to connect the signals that need to be connected. I don't know why it instantiates the black boxes. I have emailed Avnet three times, called them once, opened a webcase on xilinx.com. So any help anyone could give me would be very appreciated!

Rudy

Reply to
rodyna.zidan