XRay & display

I'm currently searching for a display, which gives an contrast on a x-ray
picture. Best would be, something like a lcd-display (with a "normal"
controller for interfacing). So e.g.if I write the time on the display and
make a x-ray picture,  I want see this time on the developed picture or
x-ray camera recording.

I've already made a search and a lot of phoning - without any success.But
perhaps someone does know a solution.

Any help is welcome.

Michael
--
Remove the sport from my address to obtain email
www.enertex.de - Innovative Systemlösungen der Energie- und Elektrotechnik

Re: XRay & display
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:54:40 +0200, Michael Schuster

How about using a blue laser diode or higher frequency if you can get
it, and control it using the MEMS mirror ICs from TI if I recall
correclty. These MEMS mirror ICs has an array of small mirrors that
either deflect the light towards your targert or away.

Regards
  Anton Erasmus

Re: XRay & display

Thanks to all,

well I'll give an UV - LED a try. Perhaps I can see some contrast.
I have no access to the xray system itself. If no other way is possible I'll
have to do some mechanical movements/positioning to get a information on
the pictures...

Thanks again,

Michael

--
Remove the sport from my address to obtain email
www.enertex.de - Innovative Systemlösungen der Energie- und Elektrotechnik

Re: XRay & display
On Fri, 11 Jul 2003 16:54:40 +0200, Michael Schuster

X-ray film is generally sensitive to green and/or blue light.  Perhaps
you could use a simple VFD in an unused (and appropriately shielded)
location.  The display would have to be quite close to the film to
expose a readable image, like a rare earth intensifying screen.

I don't understand what you're doing here.  The only x-ray cameras I'm
familiar with are used for producing diffraction patterns.  It's kinda
hard to focus x-rays...

If you have a system that generates an image from an x-ray detector,
perhaps you're better off post-processing the image to add your
information?

Regards,

                               -=Dave
--