wtd: CPU32 compiler

Does anyone know of a pre-configured C compiler using gcc/cygwin ??

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

Yes. Why do you ask?

Reply to
NeedCleverHandle

I have picked up a couple 68332 boards and would like to know where to get a pre-configured C compiler.

Please share any links you my have.

Thank you

hamilton

Reply to
NeedCleverHandle

Thanks for that.

I am not interested in compiling the compiler. ( why would anyone want to do that??)

That's why I asked for a pre-configured C compiler.

On the Robominds Yahoo group one of the kinder people there suggested:

I am testing it now.

Getting free hardware and a free compiler is not a bad combination.

hamilton

Funny, on the 1st page of hits I found two different pre-built versions.

I guess knowing how to use Google is a learned skill.

Reply to
NeedCleverHandle

Please help a newbe, which two links has a pre-configured compiler available for download ??

Thank you

hamilton

A big part of the problem with that is that, possibly without being aware of it, you asked for something else than what you actually wanted.

To anyone who ever built their own GCC, "pre-configured" would indicate that you want help with the "configure" step of the build process. In other words, you appeared to be asking for a build script. The answers you got fit that understanding, not yours.

Reply to
Hans-Bernhard Bröker

I am successfully using an older RTEMS cross toolchain for an MC68360 on Linux. The latest cygwin version seems to be in

*

Hope that this helps

Kurt

Reply to
Kurt Moser

Ahhh, I see.

I am not interested in building the compiler, just using it.

So, I would like to know if there is a recent build of a GCC compiler for WinXP for the 68332 ?

Something I can download and just use.

I hope I am clear now.

Thanks

hamilton

Reply to
hamilton

I think you might have a hard time finding such a build. It is many years since the CPU32 has been a popular target - the usual suppliers of pre-built gcc binaries don't support it or provide complete packages. For example, CodeSourcery provides binaries for m68k-elf-gcc which will compile for the 68332, but they don't provide libraries - they only have libraries build for ColdFire devices. Most of the pre-built packages you can find around the net are much older - typically gcc 2.9x.

Reply to
David Brown