weather station- what is being attached to the ballon--- mcu with temp probe? - Page 2

Re: weather station- what is being attached to the ballon--- mcu with temp probe?

I've no idea, I'm just recollecting how they were shaped :) Once the
balloon burst, these things would have been spinning RAPIDLY by the
time they hit the ground.

Re: weather station- what is being attached to the ballon--- mcu with temp probe?

Very observant.

Their function is to keep fall rate below an injurious value if
the ballon breaks or deflates.

Re: weather station- what is being attached to the ballon--- mcu with temp probe?

Ah, d'you mean they make it spin like a sycamore seed as they fall?

--
Trevor Barton

Re: weather station- what is being attached to the ballon--- mcu with temp probe?

Yup.  IIRC, some birch trees use a similar, if asymetrical, technique.

Re: weather station- what is being attached to the ballon--- mcu with temp probe?
Hi
 The one I took apart as a kid was different. It had both
a thermistor and a resistive humidity sensor. It had a
barometer that caused a wiper switch to select either
the thermistor or the humidity sensor. These to were used
to FM modulate a carrier. Knowing the start signal, one
could get the altitude by counting the alternate tones
and the other info was the frequency of the tones.
 These units had two tubes that were battery powered.
Dwight

Re: weather station- what is being attached to the ballon--- mcu with temp probe?

Go away, Mylinux.

Re: weather station- what is being attached to the ballon--- mcu with temp probe?
thanks, pals.

Site Timeline