Timing Measurement of PPC processor

Hi, I'm running VxWorks Os on a MPC 8323 processor. The VxWorks timers are based on the OS ticks (several mili seconds), but I need a way to measure small time intervals of micro seconds.Is there a Real Time clock register to read, or a cotinueosly running counter register to calculate the interval time from it?

Thanks

Anwar

Reply to
anwar_pc

I don't know this specific part, but most (all?) PPCs have a TBR.

Reply to
zwsdotcom

Of course it has the timebase registers - like any PPC. This one is a 603e core (or one of its somewhat improved G2 variations). Clearly visible in the register model of the part the OP is programming.

Dimiter

didi