The Perfect Counter/Timer Circuit? - Page 2

Re: The Perfect Counter/Timer Circuit?

Oh, bummer!

  I used the flash version of that chip

Good day!

--
_____________________
Christopher R. Carlen

You could try Renesas' H8S series. The H8S has a six-channel TPU. One
of the timer modes pairs two timer channels to form a quadrature
encoder. Four registers may be used for either capture or compare. The
timer can be set up to reset automatically when an input capture
occurs; so reserving one register for that, you still have three
compare registers left.

Re: The Perfect Counter/Timer Circuit?

Couldn't this be built out of the appropriate GAL/PAL chips?  I
don't know how many counter bits you want, but I suspect you could
create a couple (or more) counters per chip.  Then there would be
no sourcing problem.