--
_____________________
Christopher R. Carlen
crobc@bogus-remove-me.sbcglobal.net
SuSE 9.1 Linux 2.6.5
Reply to
Chris Carlen

Robert Scott skrev:

You could try Renesas' H8S series. The H8S has a six-channel TPU. One of the timer modes pairs two timer channels to form a quadrature encoder. Four registers may be used for either capture or compare. The timer can be set up to reset automatically when an input capture occurs; so reserving one register for that, you still have three compare registers left.

Reply to
Hans Odeberg

Couldn't this be built out of the appropriate GAL/PAL chips? I don't know how many counter bits you want, but I suspect you could create a couple (or more) counters per chip. Then there would be no sourcing problem.

     USE worldnet address!
Reply to
CBFalconer