Iam starting to work with SD card.
but I have some questions.

I am reading sandisk SD  manual ;tell me if it is enough to communicat
data with SD card and if not direct me to the necessary documentations an
what else you think can help me.

thank you in advance.

i think you maybe has to read some MMC dokumentation cause the basic in the
SD is MMC and proberly some of the facts of theSD card is not public due to
the security, atleast i think i has been this way...

you could take a look on cone for avr on

The March 2005 issue of Circuit Cellar has an article about implementing a FAT
library into an SD card using a MSP430 controller from TI. Sourcecode is
on their website at

Re: SD CARD says...
The FAT implementation in that source code looks clean and easily ported
to other processors.  The only thing that seems to be missing is a way
to delete files.   I'll have to check the article in Circuit Cellar to
see if I've missed something.   I particularly liked that the authors
avoided the need for full sector buffers--which is important on
processors with limited RAM.

Mark Borgerson

Site Timeline