Recommended GPL-Spice under linux ?

Please advise what/where I may test Spice under linux.

== TIA.

Reply to
problems

Do you mean SPICE the circuit simulator?

Do you _really_ mean something that's GPL, or do you mean something that you can get for free-as-in-beer?

If you just want to simulate circuits on a Linux box, try LTSpice from Linear Technology, running under Wine. It's a vastly improved SPICE engine, you can get an executable for free, and AFAIK it works under Wine (I dunno -- I don't use it on any of my Linux boxes).

--
Tim Wescott
http://www.wescottdesign.com

Tim Wescott

JeffM

Perhaps

?

gEDA has two other simulators too - verilog and gnucap.

Reply to
DJ Delorie

It's unlikely to be as mature as the packages suggested by the other (wiser) posters, but i've found Gnucap :

to be very usable and sufficient for my relatively modest (analog/filter) needs.

Raoul Fleckman

I second ngspice - I just used it a few days ago and it worked fairly well, at least for a few simple mosfet simulations.

--
%  Randy Yates                  % "With time with what you've learned,
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC            %  they'll kiss the ground you walk

I thought the old Fortran SPICE code was still available.

Though if you want to use more modern devices that may not work.

-- glen

Reply to
Glen Herrmannsfeldt