editing waveforms under Linux

Hi all,

I want to graphically create and edit waveforms for documentation purpose.

Xilinx's HDL Bencher does not exist under Linux... (too bad: it can export in HDL)

Waveformer is $6000, gasp!

A guy here uses some commercial spreadsheet...;-) please tell me what do you use!

Reply to
steve

I've never done this, but you might look at either some combination of gtkwave and either icarus or ghdl; or the Latex timing package, see e.g. pg 39 of

I guess it depends how complex the diagram is, and whether you want to generate it from a testbench.

I've just seen this:

but have never heard of it before, and it doesn't look to be open source.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Ellis

purpose.

export in HDL)

do you use!

Joseph Palmer's XWave font is cute (and free):

It takes a little pR4

Reply to
Pablo Bleyer Kocik